Rimkus Pipe, Unusual but Appealing

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
I usually don't go for pipes with anything adhered to the bowl but this Rimkus pipe really appeals. With real mined turquoise.

http://rimkuspipes.com/14009IL.html

I met this maker at the Richmond Pipe Show and he was certainly kind. I've no experience with his pipes though. If I was in the market I'd consider this one. The only pipe like this that has ever appealed to me. However, the BOB 2014 POTY will be my next pipe and then I'm going to fall out of the market for sure with a newborn. Anyways, what do you all think of it?

If anyone would like to help with posting the pic I'd appreciate it. I'm horrible sorry.

I've never heard of the maker, between my mother and GF I am terribly sick of turquoise and would rather never see it again but this pipe is rather appealing, I for sure would gladly show it off and smoke it!

Seem to be nice pipes, some more attractive then others and prices are average I would say.
Nothing that really sets me a flame but, that can be a good thing for me.  ;) 

juanmedusa":wih4mk8n said:
I usually don't go for pipes with anything adhered to the bowl but this Rimkus pipe really appeals. With real mined turquoise.

I met this maker at the Richmond Pipe Show and he was certainly kind. I've no experience with his pipes though. If I was in the market I'd consider this one. The only pipe like this that has ever appealed to me. However, the BOB 2014 POTY will be my next pipe and then I'm going to fall out of the market for sure with a newborn. Anyways, what do you all think of it?

If anyone would like to help with posting the pic I'd appreciate it. I'm horrible sorry.
How's this -

14009IL_L2.JPG

Frankly I like the design, the turquoise not so much. But that's just me.

Cheers,

RR

juanmedusa":2g8lwzyw said:

Sorry! I didn't see you needed someone to post a pic.  :oops: 

It is not a pipe I would buy just based on personal taste. However, I have to admit that there is something striking in the contrast between the two materials and I really like the way the shape of the inlay compliments the shape of the stummel. With the increase in artisan carvers all trying to distinguish themselves, I expect we will be seeing more of this sort of thing. Its all good as long as you like it and it smokes.
Mike.

I like turquoise but not when it's ground up and mixed with a epoxy. And if your not careful it's easy to get fake turquoise. I do like the shape of the pipe though.

I've never seen anyone use turquoise as fills so this is unique. Just wondering whether it would stand up to heat

I would have to say that Rimkus pipes are excellent quality at a very reasonable price.

But I am the pipe maker and you were probably looking for an unbiased opinion.