RIP Patrick Swayze dies at 57

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilted1

Reaction score
He suffered greatly and his fight was very public.

Rest in Peace Patrick

paddy-boy":xl44kfib said:
RIP Dalton
WOLVERINES
WOLVERINES!
I remember that one.

Dirty Dancing was shot locally at Mountain Lake Resort in neighboring Giles County, Virginia. I worked with some of the guys that lived nearby, they would tell stories about the crews out spray painting leaves on trees to make them greener.

A co worker of mine (passing through) stopped at his horse farm (uninvited) hoping to glimpse his herd, and was invited to take a tour by Mr. Swayze. Spent three hours talking horses and showing his animals. She stated he was a down to earth gentleman and made her feel like they had been friends for years.

mark":4wjary1w said:
A co worker of mine (passing through) stopped at his horse farm (uninvited) hoping to glimpse his herd, and was invited to take a tour by Mr. Swayze. Spent three hours talking horses and showing his animals. She stated he was a down to earth gentleman and made her feel like they had been friends for years.
That's pretty awesome ... I always thought he was pretty down to earth and a family man. You never heard a bunch of mess about him.

mark":e3odwgb8 said:
Yesterday the local news went to mountain lake to interview anyone who was working there when the movie was made. Check it out (there will be an ad first):
http://www.wdbj7.com/global/Category.asp?c=168438&clipId=4130113&topVideoCatNo=57488&autoStart=true
I like that he would buy the kitchen staff beer and sit out back drinking with them.