Road Trip

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonA3597

Reaction score
I'm going out to Big Bend Nat'l Park in several weeks. Anyone have recommendations for pipe shops worth a visit? The route will be I-85 to Mobile, then I-10 to Texas heading up to the Austin & San Antonio areas, then Big Bend & coming back to Hotlanta along I-20. TIA for any advice offered.

Ron, I live in RSA so I am afraid I can offer no advice..... sounds like a great trip brother, enjoy it either way!

The route will be I-85 to Mobile,
The route will be I-65 to Mobile,

The Briary would be about a 15 minute jaunt 'out of the way' on the return leg across I-20

Here's another vote for the Briary. It's just off I-65 south of Birmingham and well worth the visit to their "old house" shop.

Another source I could recommend is Pipes and Tobacco Magazine's listing of shops that carry their magazine--P&T's listing of shops

The Humidor in San Antonio used to be a great place but it appears they've changed hands and is now called Club Humidor and their old shop on San Pedro appears closed.

The skies can be pretty dark out towards Big Bend and if you have any interest in astronomy I'd suggest taking a good pair of binoculars and an astronomy handbook.

Have fun on your trip!

Jim

Thanks, JP, PB, & Dawg. I coudn't recall for the life of me where there was an online list of shops.