Roku.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Sir but I was just talking to a buddy of mine about chromecast I'm not sure if it is the same but it looks similar, might want to look into that to if you havent already and compare

No, but it is rather proprietary. If it has what you are looking for then fine.

The problem is a mix of product and media providers. For example, I have a version 1 Google TV unit. Media companies can see this and deny access to TV. It can get Netflix but not other premium ones.

If your goal it Netflix, you are probably good in the interim.

The interface on all of them seems a bit clunky to me.

If I were buying a unit today, I'd buy a 4.2 tablet with HD output and Blueray. Get a blueray keyboard and you've the interface. Media companies are most liberal to tablets. Make sure it can run Flash and you are home free.

i've been through the gamut of roku and slimdevices and soundbridge and a couple others.

i'm a big SONOS fan now http://www.sonos.com/ and just started playing with VOCO http://www.myvoco.com/ .

mostly i use 'em for music, not video though.

feel free to pop questions - happy to help (if i can).

doody.

ps: if you're an old fogey like me and you have a CD collection, check out Murfie http://www.murfie.com/ . i have about 500 CDs warehoused there now and another 500 or so to send in. i stream 'em to Android phone and tablet, iTouch, SONOS, and VOCO. and i buy WAY too many $1 to $3 CDs too - at least it's cheaper than baccy!

Yup, I was a relatively early adopter. I don't use it for Netflix as much as I used to. I now predominately use it for HBO Go and MLB.tv. I also use it to stream Slacker and Pandora through my living room stereo.

yup, use one and love it. i have hulu + netflix and amazon subscriptions, which it's great for. can also use my pandora account so i can listen to music. been cable free for almost 4 years.

Yep Roku, lots of choices many are free I use it to acess Netflix, Hulu  mostly.   I have watched a few free movies on Crackle and listened to music,  And its portable so you can take it with you if you have internet access.

Cost about the same as a hyped up ebay estate pipe :p  what a bargain !

Yes,
I use Roku pretty much like others here to stream movies on Netflix and pandora radio to the TV. However the minimal cost of Netflix for streaming movies (7.99 per month) may be reasonable but the selection is very limited. Most movies that I wish to view are not available and I would have to spend another additional $8 per month to get those movies on DVD through the mail.
All this electronic stuff is a PITA. :lol!: 

I don't have ROKU or anything like that but a bunch of my friends bought Chromecast when first released and LOVE it. If I was to buy one of these I'd get a Chromecast

Can't watch your own videos at this point. There may be a crack that'll undo the limits that Google placed on it. They built a cloud only device otherwise.