Roll your own...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Growley

Reaction score
I'm not into cigarettes,...but if I were, this is how I'd want to roll 'em.

aPvPjDK_460sa.gif

Growley":9mfun3g4 said:

aPvPjDK_460sa.gif
Yeah, but I don't know how long I'd want to carry a mouse in my pocket.

I had a boss back in the late 70's that use to roll Bull Durham while driving one handed with the window rolled down. Now that man could roll and, he'd buy it by the case.

Growley":2hrwbjye said:

aPvPjDK_460sa.gif
That's how we do it down here in N. Texas  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":ppyh3lzv said:
Growley":ppyh3lzv said:

aPvPjDK_460sa.gif
I always kinda figured you carried a mouse in your pocket.

Cartaphilus":yd2aah7r said:
monbla256":yd2aah7r said:
Growley":yd2aah7r said:

aPvPjDK_460sa.gif
I always kinda figured you carried a mouse in your pocket.
AHAHAHA! That actually made me laugh out loud, sitting in my office. Everyone else is looking at me like I've gone 'round the bend.

Enquiring minds want to know ......just what flavor is mouse spit? If I had to guess I'd say the secret topping for 1792 flake but I could be wrong!

Jim

Sad thing is, this entire cartoon would just not fly these days. You have animal abuse, tobacco usage, firearms, sexism...  :lol!:

Man, they don't make cartoons like they used to... :no: 

mejoshee":v4hdg0ox said:
Sad thing is, this entire cartoon would just not fly these days. You have animal abuse, tobacco usage, firearms, sexism...  :lol!:

Those were the "good old days"

mejoshee":57mzfyy7 said:

I grew up watching all these great cartoons. I think I turned out ok! :twisted: 

herbinedave":1uxuw1z3 said:
mejoshee":1uxuw1z3 said:

I grew up watching all these great cartoons.  I think I turned out ok! :twisted: 
Here here! I agree wholeheartedly, those and Looney Tunes where the best!

Cartaphilus":48ph3127 said:
herbinedave":48ph3127 said:
mejoshee":48ph3127 said:

I grew up watching all these great cartoons.  I think I turned out ok! :twisted: 
Here here! I agree wholeheartedly, those and Looney Tunes where the best!
Yup. Grew up watching all kinds of 'toons that would be considered too violent, racist, and otherwise controversial and non-pc these days. And they were all on the national TV networks that all kids watched in those days.

Sometimes I'll go to youtube and find all sorts of those old 'toons that would never been seen again save for their site. All kinds of great old stuff there.

Cheers,

RR

It's a shame how times change. Most folks today would call you a liar if you told them that the Flintstones were originally pitchmen for Winston! And try finding some of the Disney stuff about Goofy being a pipe smoker. They have hidden some of this stuff away so well I fear it may never see the light of day again.

Jim

Lest we forget my favorite, Alistair Cookie. Sesame Street is on PBS! Yosemite Sam used to have a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth. Tom and Jerry are repeat offenders....

Before I go lamenting the plight of society, I also remember that tobacco no longer is a common thread amongst polite and consenting adults. Offering someone a drink (a REAL drink) is no longer as common either, lest we offend anyone who doesn't consume. I learned from my parents house. They never smoked, but kept ashtrays. My dad was a beer drinker, but kept gin and vodka for visitors (the tequila was for my mom's killer margaritas). I have n/a beer for my dad in my fridge (his new drink) even though he lives 500 miles away. I have whiskey beer vodka and wine so I can say to a guest "would you like a drink?" And mean it. I have resolved as I write this that I will offer cigars or pipe tobacco to guests in the future-- even if it means we get kicked out to the patio. I might just be surprised who accepts.

jefe1037":d7xb4xy6 said:
Lest we forget my favorite, Alistair Cookie. Sesame Street is on PBS!  Yosemite Sam used to have a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth. Tom and Jerry are repeat offenders....

Before I go lamenting the plight of society, I also remember that tobacco no longer is a common thread amongst polite and consenting adults. Offering someone a drink (a REAL drink) is no longer as common either, lest we offend anyone who doesn't consume. I learned from my parents house. They never smoked, but kept ashtrays. My dad was a beer drinker, but kept gin and vodka for visitors (the tequila was for my mom's killer margaritas). I have n/a beer for my dad in my fridge (his new drink) even though he lives 500 miles away. I have whiskey beer vodka and wine so I can say to a guest "would you like a drink?" And mean it. I have resolved as I write this that I will offer cigars or pipe tobacco to guests in the future-- even if it means we get kicked out to the patio. I might just be surprised who accepts.
Looks like I'm coming to your house!  :mrgreen: 

jefe1037":c6iw9zaz said:
I have resolved as I write this that I will offer cigars or pipe tobacco to guests in the future-- even if it means we get kicked out to the patio. I might just be surprised who accepts.
This is an excellent idea!

I rolled my own for about 20 years before finally kicking 'em to the curb. Like they say, It's easy...when know how.  :twisted: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wlYUFisuF7k" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/THWCH2Nwsss" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a friend who has recently quit smoking Pal Mals. He is down to smoking one hand rolled cig per day. The thing that surprised me the most has been his comments about still craving a factory rolled cig. Even just after smoking one he rolled using the bulk tobacco he has.