Rossi Ranch Hand Lever Action

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
Anyone have one? Anyone know anything about 'em? I'm thinking about getting the .45. If I can find a better price than Cheaperthandirt.com
Zach

I'm telling you brother, I absolutely love my Winchester model 94, and I think I may have an ol loop lever in the gun safe. I have taken many a buck with it. it has a very attainable cost and is extremely reliable, my normal shot distance with it while hunting is 50 to 75 yrds and if your hunting the scrub it will bulldog through anything you need it to. The next day we have off together we will head to the range and I will let you try her out, I bet 5 bucks you will fall in love.

Don't you have to be 21 to buy a handgun? :scratch:

That's a fine lever action. Is it .45 "long Colt" (aka ".45 Colt") cowboy rounds? I've been looking for a good truck rifle to handle my Taurus Judge ammo so I don't have to monkey around with carrying different calibers.

8)

I don't know that particular model, but I carried a Winchester carbine on my cousins ranch in the Australian outback, it came in very handy once or twice. I love the Winchester action and the one I had was incredibly accurate. I much prefer them to shotguns or bigger bore hunting rifles.

Amen Greyson...... A-Freakin-Men.

I grew up with winchester, the model 94 is the firearm that tamed the west in my humble opinion!

With millions of the model 94 sold it has to be the most popular lever gun ever produced. Just be careful because buying guns can severely hamper your pipe and tobacco PAD.
:D

21 to buy a hand gun... not to own. And Alex, I've shot a winchester .30-30 many a time, and I owe you 5 because I DO love it.

I've got a 92 saddle ring carbine in 44-40 that I use to use for deer in my younger days. It was manufactured in 1898 and will group 3" at 100 yds. MIKE I have a nail driver Remington 600 mohawk in308. it has a 16" barrel great brush gun.

Its not a rossi but I like 45s too. Look on your local ARMSLIST.COM and see what pops up. Some time you get lucky, some time you have to have patents.

IMG174.jpg

Mr. Plumbernater, can I please just stop by your house and have a pipe and a good long conversation? I'm hoping you got some decent tea, and a firing range near by...
Zach

Don't have one but it is the next one on my list. Have Marlin's, a Winchester Model 94 Trapper and a Uberti 1873 with the octogan barrel, all 45LC and all fine shooters IMHO.

Mikem":ptkie8zx said:
Don't have one but it is the next one on my list. Have Marlin's, a Winchester Model 94 Trapper and a Uberti 1873 with the octogan barrel, all 45LC and all fine shooters IMHO.
Which one is your favorite 45LC lever action rifle? One day, I want to get one. I know next to nothing about them, and haven't shot any lever-actions in 45LC--they've all been .357. I'd prefer a stout carbine, just as a truck rifle.

8)

The 45 long colt is a good round. If you get into reloading you can load from mild like the cow boy loads, to stout like a hunting load. The lever actions are strong , espesially the marlins. The marlin 1894s have a short action that is sweet to work, and a 45 in the hunting loads pack a pretty good thump. I had a marlin 1894 in 44 mag that is a nice rifle. you can shoot 44 specials and the magnums. Gave it to my dad for coyotes.

Photo-0060.jpg

This is my newest toy . The 1895 45-70. I like marlin lever actions. Oh yeh the only tea I have is ice tea. Plenty of talk, and I have to join a range. Dont get to shoot much these days.

IMG260.jpg

IMG267.jpg

Oh my that's beautiful. I like iced tea plenty. So I'll be over.
You can shoot both magnum and special in it? Doesn't the length of the round affect anything?
Zach

Marlins seem to be popular. I picked this up in the spring. 45/70, Lots of power in a compact package.

marlin11.jpg
[/url][/img]

Gorgeous rifles, guys. One day I'll have a sweet lever-action in the bunch. Sadly, I probably have to sell a bunch of boomsticks to cover medical bills. :| A man can dream, though. 8) Guns just make me feel good about the world. :lol:

8)