Rough time lately ...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
My family is dealing with a lot of extra baggage right now and I don't know how to help them. 2 days before Thanksgiving, they had to put my dog to sleep. Last night, the Scottish terrior got out. My sister was out until 1:00am lo :idea: oking for him, then got a call from the vet around 3:00pm, saying he was hit by a car and that he didn't survive. My dad's been a wreck since then emotionally, blaming himself for not being careful enough. He already struggles with depression issues, (he was forced into medical retirement due to botched back surgery.) My sister blames herself for not looking hard enough and she's already got alot on her plate with a custody battle over my niece with the unemployed ex who has seven children by three different women. Please keep us in your prayers.

I'm sorry for what your family is going through Nick, my dog means the world to me and I can imagine how much the loss would hurt, then if I thought I was partly responsible? Uuf. Its bad, no doubt. I hope you all get through the grief as soon as you can.

so sorry for your difficulties mate, praying for you and yours.

rev

My thoughts are with you, may strength come plentiful to you in your hour of need.

I'm sorry, man. I really feel for you. I hope things start to look up for your family, soon. Whatever blessings I have to send, they're on their way to you.

I am very sorry for your loss and what your family is going through...and I can feel your pain. We had a 10 year old Chow that became very ill on Christmas day and lost her fight against liver cancer later that day. She was a wonderful friend and our little girl (we never had any children), and I am afraid Christmas will never be a happy time for us again.

Three weeks ago, my great grandpa died. He's the closest thing I had to a Grampa, my mom's dad died when I was 1yr old, my dad's dad I've only met twice in my lifetime. I couldn't go to great Grampa's funeral, but my dad did. Evidently great Grampa wanted me to have his harmonica so I've been learning to play for about a week and a half. Can't say Grampa didn't leave a legacy, he was 97yrs old and is survived by 3 out of 4 children, 10 grandchildren, 27 great grandchildren, and 10 great great grandchildren!!! I'm gonna miss him a lot.