Rubber gasket for humidor lid?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I need some sage information and I know this is the place to find it.

I have 2 of these Dunhill tobacco jars, and the gasket in one of them has split. I'm hoping someone may be able to point me to an online source for a replacement gasket.

Dunhillhumidor-1.jpg

Dunhillhumidor-2.jpg

I doubt that you can find a replacement; you will probably need to improvise. One approach would be to purchase a piece of rubber sheet and CAREFULLY cut out a gasket to fit (will take some skill). Or, you might go to a commercial supply house and find a gasket / o-ring for some other purpose that would work.

NeroWolfe, thanks so much for the reply. I do know of an industrial rubber and gasket supplier about 30 miles from here that I can check with if all else fails.

What is the opening diameter of the jar?
Doing a Google search for "rubber jar gaskets" yields many possibilities.

tslots, the ID of the jar mouth is 3 and 3/16's. The gasket ID must be precise also, because it must slide inside a groove made inside the wood lid. This design makes it more difficult to find a gasket with the correct fit.

By taking the gasket with me to the local industrial supplier, I may be able to have a gasket cut to the precise dimensions. I dunno? :scratch:

I have/had the same problem. My solution is a wide rubber band.

You can buy o'ring material in a package in different sizes that comes with the glue to make one in the size you need. Good luck.