rubber tips?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLogo-Mat

Reaction score
I swore by using the rubber tips- but noticed that they were leaving a horrid tastke in my mouth after smoking. Anyone else run into this?

Nope. Love the Softie bits. They allow the smoker to gently clench without leaving chomp marks on the bit.

You might have a foul moisture build-up under the bit. I always slide mine forward and then wipe the bit and the softie with a anti-bacterial wipe.

I use softie-bits, never had a problem with bad flavor.

I do however replace them every year or so.

I too use them faithfully and have never gotten a bad taste from them..............of course I wash them ever so often.  :mrgreen: 

I've never used them. Some folks use heat shrink tubing instead because they don't like the taste or feel.

Jim

huffelpuff":dlh9yl59 said:
I've never used them. Some folks use heat shrink tubing instead because they don't like the taste or feel.

Jim
Folk with spiffy-colored lucite stems are also using little pieces of vinyl tubing. I still need to try this out.

I use the softie tips and I tend to chew a bit. I don't want to ruin my stems. I tend to get a lot of moisture between the stem and softie. I usually pull it off when im done smoking and clean it. I don't notice any off taste if I do that.

I swear by softie bits and was using the brand Softy Bit for a while and just order some BJ Long's which are IMO much more durable.

I tried softies but my teeth thought they were chewing gum and destroyed them! I suppose if I concentrated I could stop them but I smoke to relax so don't pay as much attention to what my teeth are doing as perhaps I should.

I use them without any worries. I don't really clean them regularly, just replace as needed.

The vinyl tubing looks way better, but is much thicker than the rubber, thus less comfortable. I never clean mine, either.

There are two types of softies, a harder rubber one that is more durable, and a softer silicone type that is slippery when wet and not as durable. I prefer the harder ones IMHO. MIKE

Do you have links to which are the hard and which are the soft?? I bet mine are the softer version. I bought a whole bunch a long time ago from P&C.