Ruining an aro smoker...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 3779

Reaction score
I got a buddy who comes by and smokes with me now and again. He has been a dedicated aro guy for his entire venture in pipe smoking, but is willing to try most things I offer. To date I have only had him venture into vapers for non-aros. This afternoon I gave him his first try at an english blend, 965. He was skeptical from the unlit smell but immediately taken by it from the time the match hit for the charring light. Enjoyed the new experience from start to finish. I may have created a monster, and am not sorry for doing so. MUWAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Excellent. Arches fingers and taps finger tips together whilst grinning smugly.

Good show, wish I had someone to corrupt locally. ;)

Cheers

Tim

Timbo":pkwpntqz said:
Good show, wish I had someone to corrupt locally. ;)

Tim
We have a good time with it, he gets me to try some of the aros he brings over. Molto dolce and Drew estates Toasted black cav. I are think are the last 2 he has gotten me to sample. I enjoy some of em, but with his reaction to 965 I think he may be venturing into new waters now.  Please enjoy a random elephant :elephant: I don't know what these would actually be used for...

Gonzo":mfyczwvf said:
Please enjoy a random elephant :elephant: I don't know what these would actually be used for...
The only use I have found so far is Gawith :pig: garth. :D

I love random elephants, which reminds me.

How does an elephant hide in the strawberry patch?

It paints its toenails red.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Cheers

Tim

DrumsAndBeer":26rsl4fm said:
Gonzo":26rsl4fm said:
Please enjoy a random elephant :elephant: I don't know what these would actually be used for...
The only use I have found so far is Gawith :pig: garth. :D
Atleast they have a purpose...

@Timbo , enjoy my friend :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Good deal all around I would say. It's a natural progression in most cases. I got my brother started on pipe smoking with Sherlock holmes. He's just getting into some mild English stuff now, and 965 haha. It's hard not to like that mixture though.

Jevverete i tend to agree, it is hard not like 965. I got a good deal on 2 pounds a little while back and still have enough left to corrupt a few more. :D

Gravel, have you ever bought the white :elephant: snuff, and how is it?

Jevverrett":xpywahm5 said:
Good deal all around I would say. It's a natural progression in most cases. I got my brother started on pipe smoking with Sherlock holmes. He's just getting into some mild English stuff now, and 965 haha. It's hard not to like that mixture though.
MM965 is one of those seminal and iconic blends that appeals to just about everybody. It's a brilliant blend, masterfully crafted from three relatively uninspiring tobaccos. Truly a testament to uncle Alfred's genius.

RoyOdhner":zgb3v2vp said:
Jevverrett":zgb3v2vp said:
MM965 is one of those seminal and iconic blends that appeals to just about everybody. It's a brilliant blend, masterfully crafted from three relatively uninspiring tobaccos. Truly a testament to uncle Alfred's genius.
Honestly enough I found nightcap by accident, I liked the tin art on the shelf. I loved it. I tried 965 on a whim in a order online, and it just changed the whole game for me. Im pretty much a dunhill guy now, although I do like a large number of other blenders' offerings.

965 was my first real interest in English blends, and has a firm placement in my rotation. I like to be open minded when it comes to trying most tobaccos. At one point I ordered the non-aro English sampler from P&c, kind of disappointing I am sorry to say. I think if those were my first exposure I would have missed out on some great blends.