Rustic Leather briefcase

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
I'd bought a messenger bag at Goodwill earlier this year to tote my pipe stuff to the shop. It was ok (can't beat $5) but it was not very structurally solid. I could put my case in it, but there was no hard bottom, so everything sort of slides to the middle unless I pack it full. It's also floppy so closing the magnetic flap buttons became a pain unless I was sitting down with it in my lap and pushing on it.  :x

Recently, in light of the WCPS trip plans, I decided I wanted a legit saddle leather-type bag, though the rules were lax. I simply needed "sturdier" and "full-grain leather". After that, the aesthetics and minor features would help me sort things out.

I Google searched for a couple and became aware of the Saddleback Leather Co. Highly regarded throughout the interwebz (esp reddit), but on the high side of my price range. After all, I can't have the bag cost more than the pipes that will go in it... Of course they're beautiful, but they better be for the price. :affraid: It also gave me some ideas to decide between--2 gusset main compartment like a "normal" file folder briefcase or a single compartment satchel-type.

Anyway, long story short, I settled on Rustic Leather Co's (large) briefcase, since they're having a sale on Etsy.

il_570xN.199973560.jpg" style="width: 570px;height: 480px

il_570xN.199973549.jpg" style="width: 570px;height: 480px

I like to shop, or maybe more accurately, seek for things. I definitely went down a rabbit hole with the research for the "right fit" for me. I'd gladly discuss with others if you've been in similar circumstances. What do you guys think? A multi-pipe case, some tins or jars, a bottle of water, pipe tools, sunglasses, tech gadgets...I think I can throw a lot of kit in there! Should be here either Saturday or Monday. I think it'll be a good weekend!

And no, it's not a murse. It will only have MANLY things in it :pirat: Well, maybe candy...

Disclosure: I don't work for them, this is my first purchase from Rustic Leather, and I haven't even received it yet

Looks great. But just for the record, I doubt if you would ever regret buying something from Saddleback, no matter the price. Some things are like that.

Richard Burley":6wgw5b1p said:
Looks great.  But just for the record, I doubt if you would ever regret buying something from Saddleback, no matter the price.  Some things are like that.
Of course not, at least according to most every online comments & reviews. However, I think my wife would have a cow since she doesn't even buy purses that expensive. I think we have some sort of role reversal going on...

Well, I received the briefcase this weekend and my initial thought was "it's too big!" :| So I thought on it for the last couple days, then I asked my wife what she thought, and I've decided I'm going to exchange for the one size smaller.

I've sent out an email to the owners @ Rustic Leather to see what the next step is.