Sad day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had to put down my little 4-legged buddy Dixie today. Dixie was a Pixi-Bob kitty, and she was 13 recently.

She exhibited signs of renal failure, and started crying out like she was in distress. I've had her since a kitten, and know her vocalizations. These were different, and it told me she was in a bad way.

There's no cure for renal failure in a pet. I've been through it before. And it's a heartbreaking experience to go through.

We went to the vet today. She was ready, and so was I. And even though I've been through this final act many times before it doesn't get any easier.

So now I have a big lump in my throat typing this. She provided me with 13 years of companionship, and I'll always remember her little ways and idiosyncrasies. Cats are like that.

I've had both dogs and cats in my life. Both are wonderful in their own ways.

Fortunately I still have Dixie's older brother Gomez from a prior litter. He's 15 and healthy as a fart. Hope he goes on for many years. He's my sole buddy now.

But it's a sad day here right now...........

:(

No Cheers,

RR

Sorry for your loss RR, losing a pet is just like losing a family member. Hang in there brother.

So sorry for your loss today. :( I'm a big time cat lover and have been through this same ordeal with my companion of 16 years. You're right it's tough and very sad. Try to focus on all the little ways he had that showed you he loved you and I'm sure it will warm your sad heart. If you think it would help then PM me and tell me of all the things you can remember that he did to make you laugh. Being a cat lover I can relate and would enjoy reading about your friend.
AJ

I am so very sorry for your loss. Saying goodby to a pet is really a tough thing to go through. I had to go through it on this past Christmas Day. You are in my thoughts, but your little buddy is no longer hurting. Take comfort in that.

Losing part of your heart is never an easy thing. The pain is there...and will be for awhile...you have to grieve. it is part of losing that part of your heart....memories are what you hang on to...after awhile you'll smile.

Sorry for you loss, Brother. A couple of years back we had our Lab mix put down. He was a damn good dog and we all miss him dearly. Been there, done that. And your're right, it doesn't get any easier...

I have 4 kittehs, none as old as yours was yet, but I had one that had the same thing and I had to do as you did. She was 18 yo and it was 3 years before I could get another but once they get in your skin you have to have 'em around. Just remember that she picked you to be a part of her life and you were HER person. They are some pretty amazing friends.

Sorry for your loss brother, losing a pet is like losing a family member.

Sorry for your loss. Our furry kids are as much a part of the family as the human ones.

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's never easy to lose a pet especially when you've had them that long. Hope brighter days arrive soon.

Jim

Sorry to hear this...
Our animal friends suffer silently, and it does hurt.

I sincerely appreciate all the kind words brothers. As much as I'm still hurting, Dixie isn't anymore. And that alone gives me some comfort.

Doing the right thing isn't easy sometimes...........

Cheers,

RR

Sorry for loss Bother. Hard as it is to do you did the right thing, cherish the memories.

Sorry to hear that, Rande. Hang out with the other kitty, that'll help. They're good like that. :heart:

Sorry to read your post brother. I've been through much the same experience with a couple of our dogs - heartbreaking. I hope things improve soon.

Fraternally

Jers