Saga of Tobacco cost: Manitoba

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite that bad in Aus yet, I brought a couple of pipe tools with spikes and blunt knives in my pipe bag into a courtroom last year. I was stopped at the bag xray but when I "slashed" my wrist with the blunt blade, they let me through. Glad I didn't have my Rogers pipe tool with me, those are sharp...

Security theatre
That's good, kinda :) most aus states seem to be more realistic about what is a "dangerous weapon" than out pollies have done. As someone who does instinctive knife throwing it was a NIGHTMARE trying to get any sent here, years of trying. Doesn't matter that they are 100% blunt, have no handle for control and is shaped wrong for any cutting tasks, if they are "symmetrical", eagle or no edge, they are "weapons" :/
I'm glad you made it through with your pipe tools ect :)
Hahaha you nailed it, "security theater!"
P.S. yeah, so many people are over sensitive around edged tools, it's depressing, especially when your trade, interest and skillset is with edged tools.... so running it up and across my forearm tends to be pretty convincing that they aren't sharp. Throat works too ;)
Glad to know there's at least 1 other person from this hemisphere ✊😊

Seemed a vaguely sensible way of legislating tobacco out of a society until you counter in the black market... Show's the universal truth that most pollies have never worked a day in the real world.

Yes, I too feel sad that a whole generation and those going forward will have their rights stripped from them due to "heatlh" reasons. However alchohol, gambling and obscene tax lurks will always be welcome. Those three are the some of the biggest problems in Australia today sadly and no pollie has the guts to do anything, hence the tobacco whumping as we are growing smaller in numbers by the day and an easy target and they are seen to be doing something.
Once upon a time, sure. Once it became factually diss-provable I would have hoped they would stop... smokers collectively contribute faar more "tax money" to a 1st world country than they cost it in medical costs, so that argument has no legs to stand on. "Smoking is bad for you", sure, but so is almost anything in excess, but you can't smoke too much one night and then go crash your car into someone else, or beat family, or die from overdose, unlike alcohol... "smoking is addictive", okay sure, nicotine is usually blamed. But FDA approved food goes all over the world, our supermarkets and shops are full of hyper sugar filled, super processed and often artificial sugar, trans-fats, preservatives that no human should ever consume... and that's all pushed down our throats, even though weight (unhealthy eating habits/food addiction) results in waay more people getting sick, losing their quality of life, being hospitalized, or even dying, I think in the USA it is "the overall #1 leading cause of death"....
Caffeine is the most common stimulant and potentially hallucinogenic, that can also result in gut/liver/kidney/heart issues...
Hell I have read in some reliable sources that processed sugar is up to 5 times more addictive than cocaine, so addiction can't be the reason while food is pushed like it is.
So agreed, not 1 day spent in the real world by these hopeless "leaders" :/

Indeed, this poor generation has been f'd every step of they way, and now they are accustomed to a life that is missing most of the rights and freedomes most of us grew up with and were considered normal :/
It really does feel like tobacco is simply and "easy" political enemy, it's something to attack, and anyone who defends it from lies and propaganda is demonized, it's disgusting :(