Sam Gawith Squadron Leader

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was grand, I smoked the bowl all the way home, breaking to eat dinner, then I had to go outside to fill water troughs for the horses and finished my bowl then. Sitting on an oak splitting log on a brisk, clear night puffing SL in a new cob looking up at the stars filling the sky, listening to the horses eating their hay while the trough filled, ahhh heaven on earth.
:pipe:[/quote]

What a beautiful description of what pipe smoking is all about. My favorite moments have been savoring the rich nutty taste of a good burley blend while walking in an autumn wood enjoying the aroma of fallen leaves and the distant smell of logs burning in a fireplace. Pipe smoking allows us to slow down and take the time to enjoy our surroundings.

Centurian 803":3cipnm3j said:
Pipe smoking allows us to slow down and take the time to enjoy our surroundings.
Amen! :cheers: :pipe:

That's what it's all about!

I'm new here and from Taiwan. Ilike SL a lot. Could anyone tell me where i can get cheap one? Cause i bought it from smokingpipes.com was expensive in fee of shipment(about $17). So help me to get it in a lower fee of shipment and reasonable price of SL.
Thanks!
p.s. i like 1lb bulk tobacco.

Oddly though SL is one of my all time favorite English mixtures, I find that I've not reviewed it anywhere! I don't presently have any on hand, no big deal there as I don't frequently smoke English mixtures in the summer months.

I'll say this about it, it was (and probably still is in many ways) the 'standard' by which I judge similar formulations. I recall it to be very smooth, and complex, rich without being 'strong' either in flavor or nicotine. As I recall, it is fairly high in Oriental content, lending it a preference in my stable, yet not quite falling complete across the Tweed into Scottish territory.

I find it a very fitting tribute to all the fine airmen of the RAF.

I think the next time I order SL it will likely be a pound, as the tins just disappear too rapidly for me. When I'm in the mood for it, I stay there awhile.

As to 'ghosts of Condor' bhah ... it's just assertive :cheers:

Hermit":tj1et16t said:
4noggins has SL in bulk for 37.99 a pound.
i tried, but the fee of shipment is $19.48 which is higher than smokingpipes. com.
Thanks for your suggestion!

This was surprisingly light in body to me. However, it's a keeper for the glimpses of superior, sweet Va that persist through the bowl.

This is my first non-aromatic and I rather like it. I have thoroughly cleansed one of my former aro-pipes to dedicate to this blend. The tin smell is quite bitter and yet it smokes nice and smooth with little to no bite. I'm not sure the room note would be to the liking of the ladies though.