Samuel Gawith Cabbies Mixture.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that SG has released a new blend! This must mean that the merger with G & H is going well (well, I sure hope)!

I am still wanting to try Bothy Flake, but it's been Out of Stock for months

Brewdude":rvfpi6fk said:
Sounds like a must-try for me. And then I still need to get in some Pensioner's mixture.

Cheers,

RR
have you tried the GH pensioners mixture from mars? Its interesting, it has an almost bubble gummy topping, fruity...the tobacco is very mild though. It's ok...I don't find myself smoking it very often though

DrumsAndBeer":mvrj1b9f said:
I am still wanting to try Bothy Flake, but it's been Out of Stock for months
Me too! I am starting to wonder if it's a Limited Edition - as in, there will be no more. :face:

Re Cabbies Mixture.

Well it's not like me to order four tins of something I've never tried before and I just can't believe I've gone and done it, hope It's good and I don't regret it.

DOH! :lol!:

Guyrox":2hcccih7 said:
Me too! I am starting to wonder if it's a Limited Edition - as in, there will be no more. :face:
I am thinking there will be more. The only reason why I am holding out hope is that Smoking Pipes.com is still taking one-time in stock email alerts for it. On the hand, the limited edition perique laced Squadron Leader was removed from their site.

Super cool! What the hell is Bothy flake? Have I had my head in the sand?

juanmedusa":4m19883r said:
Super cool! What the hell is Bothy flake? Have I had my head in the sand?
you probably looked it up already but it's a new Sam Gawith blend virginia & latakia with a whiskey topping. it's called "a kearvaig pipe club tobacco" so i don't know if they developed it or make it or what. it came out a few months ago

I saw, going on the website thet Allyby provided the link to, that G&H are offering the Exclusiv Danish Mixture....an peach flavoured aromatic. A Lakeland district tobacco manufacturer making a Danish aromatic?

Then, if you look at Cabbies Mixture, it's a Coin mixture, but the coins are small....just like as with the MB Roll Coins....

Why do I have a suspicious feeling that the merger between SG and G&H brought them under MB's family, now? :suspect:

Thanks, bugsahearn. I hadn't yet, at work.

Guyrox, god I hope nothing changes product wise to where I'll be upset. Either through the merger we know about or anything else. Let us pray.

Guyrox":0b8i5hp5 said:
I saw, going on the website thet Allyby provided the link to, that G&H are offering the Exclusiv Danish Mixture....an peach flavoured aromatic. A Lakeland district tobacco manufacturer making a Danish aromatic?

Then, if you look at Cabbies Mixture, it's a Coin mixture, but the coins are small....just like as with the MB Roll Coins....

Why do I have a suspicious feeling that the merger between SG and G&H brought them under MB's family, now? :suspect:
What is GH connection to Mac Baren? They have mac baren products listed on their website

Bugsahearn":45hce7wa said:
Brewdude":45hce7wa said:
Sounds like a must-try for me. And then I still need to get in some Pensioner's mixture.

Cheers,

RR
have you tried the GH pensioners mixture from mars? Its interesting, it has an almost bubble gummy topping, fruity...the tobacco is very mild though. It's ok...I don't find myself smoking it very often though
No. I'm referring to the SG Pensioner's mixture that only a few of the UK tobacconists have, like GQ. It's a mixture of off-cuts of FVF/BBF.

Have to admit that the Cabbies does sound like it's right in my wheelhouse. Hope the US e-tailers start carrying it.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":hvwjsayl said:
Have to admit that the Cabbies does sound like it's right in my wheelhouse. Hope the US e-tailers start carrying it.
I am anticipating that US retailers will get it. Bob Gregory from SG was discussing it with Brian Levine on the Pipe's Magazine podcast a few weeks ago. Pretty sure we will see a US release.

Bugsahearn":xctidr8t said:
Guyrox":xctidr8t said:

What is GH connection to Mac Baren? They have mac baren products listed on their website
Gee, you're absolutely right; I had forgotten about that....This seems to make my crazy hypothesis almost plausible. :affraid:

Sounds like it'll float my boat too. I wonder how it compares to St James Flake?