Samuel Gawith Elmo's Reserve & Samuel Gawith Vanilla

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDAVE

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has tried both of these and if you mind doing a quick comparison. Thanks

Since no one stepped up to the plate anywhere, I'll try. I have not had SG Vanilla, but I've had others and they just seem to fall short for me. Somehow vanilla through the nose just isn't that great IMHO.

Elmo's reserve on the other hand is the bomb!. Who knew tonquin could smell better in snuff than it tasted in pipe tobacco? I'd love to describe the scent but it never fails to leave me speechless. There's a vanilla sort of thing going on to be sure, but it's so much more. Quite possibly a desert island one for me.

Thanks for the input. I love Elmo's Reserve and just was wondering how close the vanilla would be.

WVDAVE":8swsbqzk said:
Thanks for the input. I love Elmo's Reserve and just was wondering how close the vanilla would be.
I can almost guarantee you'd be less than impressed with vanilla snuff. I use Toque Vanilla once in a blue moon so that I'll be rid of it someday. :D