Savinelli Autograph 000

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trailspike48

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Savinelli Autograph grade 000. It is an older estate pipe that had light charring on the rim, but in overall very good condition. It is currently being reconditined by Mike Myers who has taken over pipe repair from Walker Pipe Works, so no photos available until March. It has an unusual offset stem design that seems like it would fit a right hand hold while smoking. Totally straight grain and I think a real beauty. It is a walnut color, and I wanted to change to a lighter stain, but Mike suggested it would be better to keep the original color. How do I find the appraised value of this pipe? And lastly does anyone know how I can find Autograph collectors? I could keep it but perhaps I will trade it for a couple nice Castellos.

trailspike48":cpdbi1gw said:
I recently picked up a Savinelli Autograph grade 000. It is an older estate pipe that had light charring on the rim, but in overall very good condition. It is currently being reconditined by Mike Myers who has taken over pipe repair from Walker Pipe Works, so no photos available until March. It has an unusual offset stem design that seems like it would fit a right hand hold while smoking. Totally straight grain and I think a real beauty. It is a walnut color, and I wanted to change to a lighter stain, but Mike suggested it would be better to keep the original color. How do I find the appraised value of this pipe? And lastly does anyone know how I can find Autograph collectors? I could keep it but perhaps I will trade it for a couple nice Castellos.
Check some of the estate sales at different sites to get a value, course it's REAL value is now what YOU paid for it, :twisted: Considering that Autographs are some of the FINEST pipes made, why would you want to trade for a Castello? :twisted:

Unless it is in pristine condition you'll likely not get a couple of nice Castellos for it. Given that you mention rim charring, it likely isn't what a high grade collector would consider mint. The value is going to be terribly tough to nail down, as Autographs, though high grades for Savinelli, are pretty readily available and affordable compared to many other high grade carvers, save for the unusually superb examples in as-new condition. If your example is loaded with excellent grain and has an unusually appealing shape you may do very well. Otherwise, it's pretty near impossible to even infer a possible value.

You can google Savinelli 000 Autograph and see what comes up, maybe find some prices. As mentioned, do an ebay search on them searching completed auctions. This will show you recent ones sold and for how much, and also those that were listed but did not sell for the minimum asked.

Autographs are graded from 3, 4,5,...0, 00, 000 in ascending order. Your's is at the top of the grading so you have a VERY nice pipe :cheers:

I was incorrect concerning rim charring, there is no damage to the rim or even the finish. The pipe was cleaned, not restored by Mike from Walker Pipe Repairs, I think the pipe is in excellent to mint condition. The finish is not quite as smooth as a new pipe, but it is close, the bowl, stem, and logo are all perfect. I may list it with an online pipe shop that sells consignment pipes. I thnk the pipe is beautiful and I am somewhat intimidated to fire it up. The market for Savinelli's is soft, I didn't overpay and I will only sell if I get my original investment back. The box is not original, rather it is a new box from the Savinelli factory.

Heartlandandsavautographpipe008_zps8ae96bae.jpg

Heartlandandsavautographpipe009_zpsbb9f797d.jpg

Heartlandandsavautographpipe011_zps01bd1f80.jpg