Savinelli Bayonet Bruyere 320ex.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasemunki85

Reaction score
So the wife got me a Savinelli Bayonet Bruyere 320ex Today.
From the research Ive done on it its an "author" shape.
The size is big, not talking Nording Giant Freehand big, but big and somewhat heavy (almost 3 ounces)
The Chamber is about 1.38 deep, not a super deep chamber, but it does have a 1" in diameter chamber.
The air hole is centered nicely in the pipe, no flaws or probles will the airways that I can see.
I did notice the draw is somewhat more "open" and bigger than my other pipes.
I popped the cherry on this one, with a bit of Tinderbox Midnight/lane bca. (yeah I like some of there blends, let the flaming commence)
I gravity filled it, a little bit pinch by pinch, and packed a bit tighter in sections as I went.
Got a nice even light across the top of the bowl and smoked it about 2/3s of the way down without another light.
This pipe is gonna be really awesome once its good and broken in.
I went in with the mind set that I wanted somewhat of a bigger bowl - something almost tomato, or bulldog shape.
Ive seen alot of Tinskys that are beautiful pipes on these forums, and liked the 'look' and I guess this kinda reminds me of a Tinsky astheticly, but is a helluva lot cheaper.
Also I noticed that it was almost impossible to make this pipe smoke hot, very cool smoking pipe.
You guys should check the Bayonet line out, if you haven't already. Great pipes guys, specially for the price.

I have one too; great pipe.
sav_au10.jpg

Very cool, I am definitely becoming a fan of the author shape. Glad to hear you liked it!

That 320 is a great shape. Glad you like yours. Congratulations!

won't flame you for your tinderbox choice. i'm a fan of their reserve 1928. my pipe, an ascorti, was made for tinderbox. can't seem to get away from that store. nice pipe you got there.

while I haven't smoked any of the Tinderbox 'baccy, I smoke a Tinderbox Krona pipe regularly and like it quite a bit...

petertschantz":kv8nm7e7 said:
while I haven't smoked any of the Tinderbox 'baccy, I smoke a Tinderbox Krona pipe regularly and like it quite a bit...
Have you seen there Tinderbox "ascorti" series that they sell? Im guessing maybe acorti seconds, for around 70$ ..very nice pipes, I saw a straight poker with a acrylic stem the other day, that looked killer.
Im in that store probably at least 3-5 times a month, and I buy alot from them, I know they are somewhat frowned upon possibly in some communitys I guess, and some tinderbox's dont have much as far as pipes or customer service, but I think we lucked out with two good ones in memphis.
The girl at the counter informed me that they are gonna start carrying more Tin'd baccys' and asked me if I had preferences.. I told her Mac Baren Vanilla Flake, more frog morton, and Peterson (sunset, and university). She wrote it down and said she will see what she can do.

Love that shape, Have a SAV Trevi 320 KS smooth, check my avatar!!
Cool pipe man!!!! welcome to the club!!

Greetings:

You wife has good briar pickin prowess. I got a Sav 320 ex Trevi and its a long cool smoker.
Enjoy it !

:pirat: