Savinelli English Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illiteratti

Reaction score
On a whim, picked up a tin of Savinelli's English Mixture, pretty much just because I like to buy at least something when I spend time in a B&M tobacconist shop.

Opened the tin, and absolutely not what I had expected. I was concerned because I had never heard of an English blend with burley, but the smell seemed more like there was some sort of topping or casing in the tobacco. The label said there was nothing added, but it really smelled like it. I admit I was a bit disappointed that it seemed nothing like an English or anything like what I had expected.

I put it in my pipe anyway, and gave it a light. I tasted nothing of a topping or casing, but I did taste the burley, something that I haven't tasted in a long time, since I started smoking mostly English blends. This is just not what I expected, but I'm not sure what I expected once I smelled the tin...something like anise or black licorice.

I have to say that I wasn't in any way offended by the taste. But it wasn't untilled a few days later that I realized that my tin was running dangerously low, and I just can't stop smoking this blend. I guess this really snuck up on me how much I like this blend. I think this would have been great for me as a transition tobacco from aromatics to English, or just an introductory tobacco.

Oh well, if I only had known, but I know this will be in my regular stash. Its definitely worth a try, interesting and really tasty.

Good to hear bro, I have always been curious about those blends as I really like their pipes!!

Interesting, I've never tried their stuff. I may have to give it a look.

Stogiegila":7qjd9nw3 said:
Interesting, I've never tried their stuff. I may have to give it a look.
You know Boys, Stan and Sav must be the biggest sellers in RSA, yet they fail to import Sav baccies to RSA, how does that work!!!!
SHEEEEEESH, deep dark Africa I tell you!!

illiteratti":nih77cvy said:
On a whim, picked up a tin of Savinelli's English Mixture, pretty much just because I like to buy at least something when I spend time in a B&M tobacconist shop.

I just did the exact same thing last week. I have only had a chance to smoke it once though, and I have not formed an opinion yet.

I am glad to hear that you are liking it so much, I am looking forward to trying it again.