Savinelli Milano De Luxe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyPete

Reaction score
Can any of the brothers tell me where this pipe fits in the Sav quality order?

I don't really know, so I think I'll answer.   :roll: 

They look like about a 5.2 on a scale of 10.

Now for something irrelevant and unasked for:  I first thought you meant the Milano Handmade, which is a great pipe.  They are supposed to be Autograph rejects, but damned if I can find anything wrong with mine, purchased from CupOJoe's a few years ago.  Great smoking and great looking pipe, but I've never had a Savinelli that wasn't.

There.  Hope that helps.   :scratch:

SpeedyPete":4hsgwmz7 said:
I've never had a Savinelli that smoke worth a damn for me needless to say but, you might glean some information here. SAVINELLI

Cartaphilus":o4sbqee8 said:
SpeedyPete":o4sbqee8 said:
I've never had a Savinelli that smoke worth a damn for me needless to say but, you might glean some information here. SAVINELLI
  :shock:   That was very painful. I love Savinelli pipes  :( 

SpeedyPete":9eeljfwf said:
Cartaphilus":9eeljfwf said:
SpeedyPete":9eeljfwf said:
  :shock:    That was very painful.  I love Savinelli pipes  :( 
Hey, I just tell it like it is. I've had three or four and still have two but, when I try to smoke anything out them it's like smoking air. I believe the draft holes are just drill too large for me.

I'd say they were a mid-range line, in the same area price and quality wise as the Champagne series. I have 4 Deluxe Milano Savs and EVERYONE is a FANTASTIC smoker!! I love 'em !!  :cheers: :cheers: 

Cartaphilus":pd91ya6h said:
SpeedyPete":pd91ya6h said:
Cartaphilus":pd91ya6h said:
SpeedyPete":pd91ya6h said:
  :shock:    That was very painful.  I love Savinelli pipes  :( 
Hey, I just tell it like it is. I've had three or four and still have two but, when I try to smoke anything out them it's like smoking air. I believe the draft holes are just drill too large for me.
Just pulling your leg, my dear brother.  :D 

And the large draft holes is what I love about them. To each his own?

monbla256":vtvxqpe0 said:
I'd say they were a mid-range line, in the same area price and quality wise as the Champagne series. I have 4 Deluxe Milano Savs and EVERYONE is a FANTASTIC smoker!! I love 'em !!  :cheers: :cheers: 
Great minds think alike........ :cheers: 

SpeedyPete":o1186hmt said:

I'm going to give them just one more chance if I can find a "Trevi" I believe there called for a decent price.

Cartaphilus":ihh6n9cj said:
SpeedyPete":ihh6n9cj said:

I'm going to give them just one more chance if I can find a "Trevi" I believe there called for a decent price.

I've got one EXACTLY like this, paid $52.00 at smokingpipes.com about 2 years ago. It's one of my best smokers, absolutely dry right down to the bottom of the bowl. I've also got a Punto Oro 320KS which is one perfect pipe.

SpeedyPete said:
Cartaphilus":jhp1zmyh said:
SpeedyPete":jhp1zmyh said:

I've got one EXACTLY like this, paid $52.00 at smokingpipes.com about 2 years ago.  It's one of my best smokers, absolutely dry right down to the bottom of the bowl. I've also got a Punto Oro 320KS which is one perfect pipe.
Now that's not a bad price from what I've seen of late. ;) 

Bought a Savinelli De Luxe Milano for $19.50. Shank was damaged (seems as if it broke off next to the bowl) but it was "professionaly repaired". It comes with a 14 days money back, so I might or might not have a bargian.

SpeedyPete":dbrmpdy6 said:
Bought a Savinelli De Luxe Milano for $19.50. Shank was damaged (seems as if it broke off next to the bowl) but it was "professionaly repaired".  It comes with a 14 days money back,  so I might or might not have a bargian.
Well, it all depends on how the repair was done, if they didn't put a metal tube down the draft hole to secure the shank it might not last long, time will only tell.
Let's hope it was REALLY professionally done.  :suspect: 

I've owned several Savs over the years. Unfortunatley I had the same experience as Cart, they just weren't that great. Marty Pulvers put it best, $100 pipes with 10 cent stems. I'd be willing to give them another try some day though, as all the Savs I owned were older estates (including an autograph and a couple of Capri Roots) and some of their newer lines look pretty nice. The Miele Honey pipes, the Trevi, and the Qandale appeal to me.

I have three Savinelli pipes, and I have been very happy with them. I had a band put on one shank when it cracked about 20 years ago. Two of them have replacement stems - so enjoyed enough to merit paying to keep them in the smoking rotation when they get too worn from use.

I like the looks of the 315 EX and suspect there is one in my future.

Puff Daddy":1xhtxle4 said:
I've owned several Savs over the years. Unfortunatley I had the same experience as Cart, they just weren't that great. Marty Pulvers put it best, $100 pipes with 10 cent stems. I'd be willing to give them another try some day though, as all the Savs I owned were older estates (including an autograph and a couple of Capri Roots) and some of their newer lines look pretty nice. The Miele Honey pipes, the Trevi, and the Qandale appeal to me.
I bought my first Sav back in '75 and have acquired 12 of 'em since then. They have been in the upper mid range to high end and NOT a single one was what I would call a "... $100.00 pipe with a $.10 bit". WAAAAAY off the mark IMHO. The Guibleo 'd Oro, Punto Oro, Deluxe Milano and the Champagne series are GREAT pipes especially the 'd Oro series, EQUAL to ANY other high end pipes. (My Sav's are all in the series I mentioned) JMHE  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":64xuc1c8 said:
Puff Daddy":64xuc1c8 said:
I bought my first Sav back in '75 and have acquired 12 of 'em since then. They have been in the upper mid range to high end and NOT a single one was what I would call a "... $100.00 pipe with a $.10 bit". WAAAAAY off the mark IMHO. The Guibleo 'd Oro, Punto Oro, Deluxe Milano and the Champagne series are GREAT pipes especially the 'd Oro series, EQUAL to ANY other high end pipes.  (My Sav's are all in the series I mentioned) JMHE  :twisted: :twisted: 
One man's turd is another man's treasure, to each his own I reckon.  ;) 

Cartaphilus":m8mxuru6 said:
monbla256":m8mxuru6 said:
Puff Daddy":m8mxuru6 said:
I bought my first Sav back in '75 and have acquired 12 of 'em since then. They have been in the upper mid range to high end and NOT a single one was what I would call a "... $100.00 pipe with a $.10 bit". WAAAAAY off the mark IMHO. The Guibleo 'd Oro, Punto Oro, Deluxe Milano and the Champagne series are GREAT pipes especially the 'd Oro series, EQUAL to ANY other high end pipes.  (My Sav's are all in the series I mentioned) JMHE  :twisted: :twisted: 
And once again, OPINION vs FACTS.  :twisted: Depends on what side of the coin ya want to look at  :twisted: :twisted: 

monbla256":xc3r5c3p said:
Cartaphilus":xc3r5c3p said:
monbla256":xc3r5c3p said:
Puff Daddy":xc3r5c3p said:
And once again, OPINION vs FACTS.  :twisted: Depends on what side of the coin ya want to look at  :twisted: :twisted: 
I thought that's what I just said. :fpalm: 

I've 7 Sav's and all of them are regular factory shapes and not expensive either. 2 were estates but are neither old nor collectable. I'm happy to report that they are all in my rotation and are fine smokers. In fact I have two of the Author shapes.

So ya, guess I'm a Sav fan!

Cheers,

RR