Savinelli: Nay or Yay?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonecoyote":tw2p2n2p said:
That's like a Savinelli I received last year with absolutely NO hole drilled in the stem! You know that pipe was thoroughly checked by Savinelli's quality control.....lol
Few years back i bought from a USA shop a Savinelli, when the pipe arrived i saw by surprise that the slot was far to the right! That means that the factory plus the store never checked the pipe. You can see the inclination in an example photo:

%25CE%25A6%25CF%2589%25CF%2584%25CE%25BF..1..080a.jpg

I replaced the mouthpiece and after some months i mention this in a conversation in a thread, another member asked me why i didn't ask for refund but i said that i had to pay the shipping so wasn't sound like a bargain. The member asked me the name of the store, i wrote it and in few hours a manager from this store make login in the forum and contact me via pm! I bought another pipe from his store and send me another one for free to replace the one with the problem, when the pipes arrived i saw inside a card with signature that the pipes had checked and passed the quality control...but why they didn't did this from the beginning? :roll:

Sid.Stavros":7ob4c76x said:
...when the pipes arrived i saw inside a card with signature that the pipes had checked and passed the quality control...but why they didn't did this from the beginning? :roll:
...um, because people make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are a result of carelessness, or distraction, or inattention to detail. The only way you can tell whether it's an "honest" mistake — meaning, whoever made the mistake didn't actually intend to sell you defective merchandise — is whether they're willing to correct the mistake when you call it to their attention.

I understand that sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth. It's often true that my time is worth more than whatever money is involved. That's a judgment call each person has to make for him/herself. But I appreciate my pipes for many reasons, not just the money they cost. So I'm usually willing to make sure that what I get is what I actually want and expect.

newjok10.png