Saying Hello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. M. Perkins

Reaction score
I just wanted to introduce myself.

A lot of you guys already know me from pipe shows, other forums, etc., but for those of you who don't, my name is Robert.

I started smoking a pipe in 2006 and quickly fell in love with pipes and the huge selection of tobaccos that could be smoked in them.

I also grow my own tobacco. I do love the store-bought stuff, don't get me wrong.

I just hate the fact that the government thinks it has me by the short curlies, and it doesn't.

I live in the US, but I have a lot of family down in Mexico, so I spend a fair share of my time down there, as well.

I am happily married to an awesome woman I don't deserve, and we have a wonderful daughter together.

I guess that's about it, off the top of my head. Just looking forward to being part of the BoB community, you know.

Hello and welcome Robert. 

I'm sure many of us including myself would be interested to learn of your adventures in growing your own. One of our active members (the Wiz) does this and has produced some amazing blends from his own hands.

Looking forward to your contributions.

Cheers,

RR

Welcome Fellow Cultivar!

I think you'll find this group is a great bunch. Varied in thoughts, perceptions and approaches.

A nice cross section of nicotine consumers!

(Always nice to meet another Bob too.....)

Wow, guys, thanks!  :D

Brewdude":270kofo8 said:
I'm sure many of us including myself would be interested to learn of your adventures in growing your own. One of our active members (the Wiz) does this and has produced some amazing blends from his own hands.
Cool deal. I have some photos and other information on what I've been doing, but I need to get it all together so I can share it.

And that's a great photo, Ozark Wizard! You seem to be standing in your own tobacco, there? Am I right?

Welcome, Robert! I also look forward to hearing about your adventures as a tobacco producer

"T"

Howdy yall from Texas!! :twisted: There's a wide variety of opinion and expertise here and hope you enjoy it all !! :twisted: :twisted:

R. M. Perkins":q7l5dfar said:
Wow, guys, thanks!  :D

Brewdude":q7l5dfar said:
Cool deal. I have some photos and other information on what I've been doing, but I need to get it all together so I can share it.

And that's a great photo, Ozark Wizard! You seem to be standing in your own tobacco, there? Am I right?
Yup...

Look forward to seeing your stuff, and hearing your input!

Thanks guys. :D

Ozark Wizard":423k1yx9 said:
Yup...

Look forward to seeing your stuff, and hearing your input!
Cool deal. Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you, as well. ;)

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. :)

AJ

From one Robert to another. Welcome to BoB

:cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

Thanks guys. Yeah, you all are a great bunch of guys, and I'm really feeling at home here.