Score!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnrust

Reaction score
Wow, I had to drive from Vegas to San Diego today. Stopped at a tobacco shop in the LA area to pick up some squadoron leader and penzance. As I was paying I mentioned to the lady they must have sold out of the escudo, as I did not see any more. She says, "no, it back on the bargin table", and points to a table back by their house blends. I go look and there are 3 tin marked down to $6. There is also a 100g tin of HOTW and old gowrie, both marked at $8. Needless to say, they all came home with me. :D

Great pick up. By the way, how long of a drive is that?

Nice score my man.......... would love to get my hands on HOTW. Here its fantastic stuff!

Nice catch. All class acts. They were probably pretty nicely aged too.

Interestingly, had my first taste of HOTW a couple of weeks ago at the local B&M's pipe night. They could call it Nicotine Freight Train. Finished up the bowl when they closed at 9pm. 'Round about 4am I'm thinking; "Maybe I should have tried the Frog Morton instead...". Taste kind of snuck up too. Starts out a bit flat but after you get through the first third of the bowl it gets better and keeps building "layers" right to the bottom. Guess If I ever need to stay up for a week I'll give it another shot :shock:

No doubt. Actually it started with one of the guys saying "Hey I brought in some Old Gowrie..." Now I'd had that before, a little bit of a nicotine hit but not bad. It wasn't until after we loaded up that we realized it was Hal O' the Wynd. (tin on the counter top, BACK of the label facing out).They did tell me that it was stronger but I wasn't going to unpack the pipe at that point, so...lesson learned. Never try a new blend in a group 6.....(Plus, it starts off being so mild that it doesn't seem that hefty.)