Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
I normally take tin descriptions with a grain of salt as tobacconists
normally tend to be a bit overzealous in their descriptions of blends
as a marketing technique. Frankly, most of it is bullshit.

Well, not the case here. This stuff is nothing short of
incredible.The flavors are exactly as described by other reviews of
this blend as seen on Tobacco Reviews. Sweet, salty, smokey and
spicy. Cool burning, no bite and delicious even with only a couple of
weeks in the tin. I can't even begin to imagine what this tobacco
would be like with some age on it. If there is such a thing as the
"perfect pipe tobacco", this would be it. I can't come up with the
words to adequately describe just how good it really is, so I'll leave
that for you to figure out. Buy it. It's worth every penny.

Incidentally, I'm not sharing any. :)

Bill,
You are SO right about the Plum Pudding.
Pipesandcigars is selling it in 8 oz. tins now.
Better put a couple of these back!

"Love your country, hate your government"

I'm itching to try this one, but I've spent too much on TAD this year already .... I'm curious to hear more reviews, though!
Is it a limited run, or should it be around for awhile?

Yep, Plum Pudding is an excellent well rounded smoke. I recently sampled Pipes and Cigars Mississippi River which I think is also a Seattle Pipe Club selection and is just as delicious as PP.

SPC Plum Pudding is in my rotation. It was one of my first english/balkan blends. Thick, creamy, and tasty with a nice dash of nicotene. To me, it's kind of a sweeter version of Penzance.

Also have a near gone tin of Mississippi river. A milder, silkier version of my go to blend, C&D Mississippi Mud. Sweet and chocolatey without the latakia blast (I'm a sucker for latakia blasts).

I received a tin (since smoked up) of this from my Secret Santa in Washington. Since then I have purchased a couple of 50g tins and one 8 ounce tin. This blend has become one of my favorites to be sure. Very rich and smoky flavor. If you like English/Balkans then I highly recommend this blend.

jlong said:
SPC Plum Pudding is in my rotation. It was one of my first english/balkan blends. Thick, creamy, and tasty with a nice dash of nicotene. To me, it's kind of a sweeter version of Penzance.

quote]

You now have my attention....gotta try it now.

I'm glad to see that so many people enjoy Plum Pudding. Even though I didn't personally develop the blend (that was done by Joe Lankford of the Seattle Pipe Club), I've been making this tobacco for the SPC for a few years now, and I really like the complexity of this blend. In fact, it's so complex that it's difficult to classify, which, in my opinion is a good thing as it shows a uniqueness.
To address the tin descriptions- the SPC certainly kept the verbiage on the label understated. That's my philosophy as well. I avoid hyperbole with the descriptions, as I believe in underpromising and overdelivering. If you ever see a Hearth & Home label description that seems overblown, drop me an email or call me and I will address the issue.

Russ

Being a member of the SPC I've somehow missed out on trying their exclusive blends. Looks like I have some catching up to do.

Actually I was an active member for a couple years, then kind of dropped out when I took a pipe hiatus for about 8 years, during which time they came out with these. Happily, I'm back to pipe smoking again and have rejoined this most excellent club.

Thanks for the reminder!

Cheers,

RR

This has quickly developed into one of my favorite blends. I bought a pound on a hunch, and now I am glad that I did. I have an 8 oz. tin and 5 oz.'s of bulk sitting back. Not sure if this is a limited stock or not, but it makes me wonder if I should order more.

mycroft":4fejqhib said:
Yep, Plum Pudding is an excellent well rounded smoke. I recently sampled Pipes and Cigars Mississippi River which I think is also a Seattle Pipe Club selection and is just as delicious as PP.
Mycroft, love your Bully!

Mississippi River is a great one IMHO as well.