Second Savinelli . . .

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlateauGuy

Reaction score
I always thought I was a Peterson man. I've always gotten good pipes while others have had quality problems. Then, I bought my first Savinelli. I liked it so well, I decided to get another.

Thanks to input from Zonomo, I decided to go with a Oscar Tiger Rustic. I chose the 673 style:

I'm surprise at how these pipes perform - both pipes came in under $100 each, and smoke like they were more. Can't figure out why it took me so long to bite the bullet on a Savinelli!

I've not found a Sav that was not a GOOD pipe for the money in ALL aspects one looks for in a pipe !! They are well made, well finished, and they use good briar on them and produce a product to meet several price points for folks. At last count I have around 16 and like every one of 'em Congrats on a FINE pipe !! :D 

Savs are well made factory pipes. I have several, none expensive, and they always smoke well.

I've been on the lookout for an estate Punto Oro or hopefully an Giubileo d'Oro. No way could I afford these new!

Cheers,

RR

I had a few older ones in the past that turned me off the brand, but I think it had more to do with the old vulcanite stems on them than the pipes themselves. Nowadays they make a lot of nice looking, affordable acrylic stemmed pipes. I've been eyeballing a few for some time now. Think I may bite the bullet this year and get a couple.

How do you like the 6mm system? You using the balsa filters?

It took me awhile to try Savinelli, maybe I thought they'd be tempermental or something. That seems more than a little ridiculous now. It's hard to beat the Savinelli combo of dependable performance, style and value. I still add to my herd of Petes, but it does bug me that my '13 St. Paddy's Day pipe does not have a Made in Ireland stamp on the shank, which I had considered part of Pete's brand. At this point, if the choice comes down to Pete or Sav, the Pete may not get any bonus points for place of manufacture.

I have 3 savs, had 4, should have kept it, but c'est la vie.

All my savs have been awesome. And i frequently eye up more... Great brand in my opinion.

I have three Savs myself. My go to is a Trevere 628. I personally don't like the balsa filter. I use the adaptor that comes with each pipe. Great pipes for the money.

Beautiful pipe you got there. Enjoy!

I have two. They are both trouble-free, great smokers. My taste for their aesthetic has changed, though. They just don't offer many short, stout shapes. The 616 KS is almost there for me but not quite, and the Baronet line is just too long. I wish they would offer something that appealed to those of us with such tastes, because their quality is generally quite good.

I Have a problem with savinelli, I seem to break em soon after buying them (all fault of my own). I have had three and all smoked really well; that one is a stunner brother. :D 

I just picked up a Sav Series III - bent apple. It's an unfinished bowl with a vulcanite stem. Rather a plain Jane, with one small flaw, but has a hefty feel in the hand - the bowl walls are quite thick. Looking forward to seeing how the briar ages.

That makes 3 this year. Done for awhile.

Pipe'n Prof":q056qw0g said:
I have two. They are both trouble-free, great smokers. My taste for their aesthetic has changed, though. They just don't offer many short, stout shapes. The 616 KS is almost there for me but not quite, and the Baronet line is just too long. I wish they would offer something that appealed to those of us with such tastes, because their quality is generally quite good.  
I had a 320ks but it was too short and stout for my tastes. But I have many others now.