Second Week Up and Running

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMacphersonNH

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know labs came back mixed. The new regimen is clearly doing something but we're just not sure it will be enough. This week should tell us if we can get enough critical mass to overcome the onset of blast phase. While it doesn't look great I figure each day gives me another opportunity to kick the living shit out of this. If nothing else I intend to go down like Leonides. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thanks for your notes. - Tom

Thanks Mike! When you facing a disease like this you think an awful lot about stuff like your Steve Job's quote in your signature. I'm happy to say I've lived my life as I've wanted - meaning we've done everything I had on my list and had my own particular lifestyle that fit my personality. My one regret is that I'm not capable of - or won't be around to - be charitable. That was the one joy of my life - working with animals and humans who suffer and simply need a hand up or a knowing they are loved. That would be my one piece of advice - be compassionate. You never know what someone is or has gone through. It's easier to snap at or lash out some times - the hard work is acting with compassion. But nothing will make you feel better over the long term.

But enough ramblings. Thanks for your note. I will certainly keep fighting. Best. - Tom

Sorry to hear your lab results aren't better! Keep on kicking a** brother! That attitude can go a looooong way to helping you. Will be sending my prayers/ good vibes your way! Keep us posted.

Jim

That reminds me of this quote.    

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.” -Jesus

And this.

"We judge ourselves by our intentions and yet others by their actions" -Unknown

This is one of my favorite's that says it all I think. God's speed sir!

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

Hey Tom! Good to hear from you old chap and thanks for the update. I wish I had something profound to say right now that might bring you some form of comfort and strength but words elude me right now. But know this; you are in my thoughts each day.

Hello Tom, I know you because my husband shared with me your posts.
We are very sorry what you are ill and want you to know that you have captured our hearts. We surround you with love and wishes for your recovery.
Luci and Bob