Secret Santa Alert! Signup Completed.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to 20 stateside.

I was kind of wondering if some of us might chance getting in with the Brothers in South Africa. Not so secret when there is only two signed up so far. I don't mind the expense. But would have to ship pretty quick I think. Some of you guys that have sent packages recently might offer up some insights as to any troubles doing so. I just wonder about the risk of loss. Don't want this to be a burden on anyone. But if some of you are willing to be included in the chance of an overseas Santa, send me a PM. We will think about it. :santa:

Carlos, I use to send packages to Johan Slabert (spelling) in South Africa from Arizona. Out of four I sent only two made it. We kept thinking that the local postal authories (post office) was taken it for their own use. If memory serves me correctly I sent the stuff first class registered with a tracking number which he showed them and they coughed up the last two packages. That was many moons ago. I never had any problems when he would send me pipes.

I wouldn't mind sending to SA. Seems like they have been doing pretty well receive packages that were sent already.

I was thinking that a few of us over here on this side of the pond that didn't mind the risk could be mixed with those fellows. Draw them until I have the necessary matches, and then draw the rest. If anyone wants in, let me know ASAP. You guys in South Africa, let me know what type of mailing is best for you guys. Limits on size if you are aware. Don't want anything to stick out like a sore thumb.

I have had some of that local pipe tobacco Johan would bring to Chicago. He called it "Donkey Shit". Wasn't bad at all. :santa:

OK, I'm in. Hope our parcels reach Stateside by the 10 Dec though. But maybe I worry too much.

I've had absolutely no issues shipping to the RSA. Have Mudd or Piet post directions or maybe send to Carlos and he can send directions when the names are drawn. They have shipping to the RSA down to a science!

Oh, Muddler's in. I need your email information. Please PM me. Thanks! That makes it more of a Secret event.

22 stateside. 3 in South Africa I think we will keep it separate, just to keep costs down for eveyone. That does not stop you guys from bombing each other. Been a lot of that going on. :santa:

OK. I know signup was shortened a bit this year. Sorry if we missed anyone that might have wanted in. I will be checking up to the last minute. I just need Muddler's PM and I can sit down and work on this. Probably later today. This evening. Expect a PM soon. :santa:

Nitschke066":cy79lpqh said:
I've had absolutely no issues shipping to the RSA. Have Mudd or Piet post directions or maybe send to Carlos and he can send directions when the names are drawn. They have shipping to the RSA down to a science!
My Blood brothers here have it down for sure!!
you being the best of them all bro! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

OK! I have the pairings done. Hopefully I didn't screw that up. I tossed in one pairing so that the Brother's didn't have each other. If I miss anyone. Or if you do not get a PM with the Brother you are to send to. Let me know ASAP.

I am going to lock this thread. Please post comments. When you shipped. Not to who you shipped to, of course. When you received your package from your Secret Santa. All the usual fun posts in the Secret Santa 2010 thread in the Community in Action forum.

Best of all, have fun and Happy Holiday giving to all. May the Postal Gods smile on us. If asked, be reasonably honest and tell them it's hobby supplies. Or simply gifts. etc. Remember for statesiders, Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or a tracking number is best. I am sure that the brothers in South Africa know their best method of shipping to each other.

I am only awaiting on one address PM and then everyone should get their pairing PM this evening. :santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.