secret undercover work in Scotland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyTweed

Reaction score
Hello all brothers!

I am reporting to you all from bonnie wee Scotland as i attempt to find the secret to this whole scotch making process.

I will try to repot back with as many secrets as possible.

Until then gentlemen and That Woman, loose lips sink ships!

Incognito,

SmokeyTweed 8)

Having taken this quest before, let me assure you that the secret is in the tasting. Taste as much as possible & much will be revealed.

Smokey we shall await further info at the proper location. I must tell you that you may need a long stick to complete your quest. Sometimes the legs don't work as well and then you must smoke a pipe in turn.. Be Safe... :pirat:
velveteagle..

Funny...

Not Scotch but related I'm sure..

At the end of the Appleton Estate tour the old man gives everyone a cup..points you to a bar lined with bottles of every imaginable product they carry and advises you that your only allowed 1 shot of each as he winks and walks away.. (even at 1 shot you'd still have about 30 drinks in ya)
This after drinking rum punch for an hour or so as you happily stumble around..lol

Happy Stumbling Tweed.

In a related story, my sister flirted with the tourguide at the Mt. Gay Rum distillery and wound up drinking directly from the barrel. She makes her big brother so proud, sometimes.

Your sister was at a Gay rum distillery??? wow, do they sing and dance to YMCA??? that'd be funny.

Another one waiting patiently for your trip report. Though I'm not a fan of scotch I do like to tour distilleries and am curious if you're touring on your own or are participating in a guided tour.

Jim

puros_bran":39wg4r47 said:
Your sister was at a Gay rum distillery??? wow, do they sing and dance to YMCA??? that'd be funny.
Wonder what goes on at the Pusser's Rum distillery, then....?

Doc Manhattan":3jyn821v said:
puros_bran":3jyn821v said:
Wonder what goes on at the Pusser's Rum distillery, then....?
I started that didn't I...lol

Enjoy! That's a tour I plan on taking someday myself, I fully expect your liver to sue for separate maintenance if the tour is conducted correctly. :lol:

Good for you Tweed... last time it was Ireland... you're living life like it should be lived...

You'd really make guys jealous here if you shared where your father spends a lot of time.

I'm going to haul out the pipe you gifted me and maybe later on have a great and safe jorney "toast" to you. :D

I am jealous, sir.

I'm certain you'll bring plenty 'o stories back with you. I'm sure I speak for *most* when I say I look forward to hearing all about it. :pirat:

Muddler":9i0r2k14 said:
Having taken this quest before, let me assure you that the secret is in the tasting. Taste as much as possible & much will be revealed.
Mudd, you are wise beyond your years my friend! :drunken:

Update

Date:Oct.11/10

Whisky:Highland Park 12-15yr old

Consensus:medium blend, full-bodied, easy drinking to be sure. Smoky on the palette, finishes with soft apple.

Tip:the locals tell me that whisky, to be appreciated, should be chewed 4-5 times slowly...after realizing this wasn't a joke i tried it out, Not Bad! helped me let the flavour grow.

Thanks for the support, the guided tour is great fun and the people here are terrific!

Until the next time,
Loose lips sink ships!

ST :afro: