Selling most of my collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstodvictory

Reaction score
Economic constraints force me to sell most of my remaining pipe collection - that is, I'm selling 57 pipes and .
will keep 16 as my smoking stock. The pipes are being sold on Ebay by Great-Estate-Pipes and the postings began several days ago. I chose Great Estate because he takes decent photos, and does a good job of cleaning and reconditioning before the sale.

http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Estate-Pipes

I accumulated some good stuff from 2009 to early this year, often posting photos in these forums. This has been an education for me, because the pipes I most wanted to keep are not the highest grade in my collection. I kept all of my Wally Frank White Bars and all of my David Johnson pipes, the reason being that all of those are my lightest pipes and most comfortable clenchers, and all smoke well. The pipes I'm selling are really the cream of my collection by most people's standards, and all lightly smoked.

I hope you have good luck in the bidding if any of my pipes interest you.

Kind Regards,

Steve

Hey Steve,
I'm sorry to hear that you're selling off part of the collection. I've always enjoyed your pipe pics, and I've certainly missed them recently. However, it sounds like you'll be well sorted out with the remainder that you are keeping, as your collection always seemed very well rounded and thoughtfully put together. I've learned a few things while admiring your stable of briars. I hope to see some more of your photos in the future, pipes or other.
Take it easy,
Chris.

Sad to hear that your selling off most of your collection...I wish you all the best and hope things turn for the better for you pal.

I bought a GBD Virgin 3/4 bent from Great Estate a couple of days ago. Maybe one of yours?

PipePuffer":v2lcjdu7 said:
I bought a GBD Virgin 3/4 bent from Great Estate a couple of days ago. Maybe one of yours?
Nope. Of his current postings, the 4-panel SMS meer is the first from my collection, and then all but three from the Ruthenberg to the Ferndown dublin are mine.

Steve

Hope they get good BoB homes.... You'll get collecting again soon, have hope. =)

There are some nice looking pipes on there right now. You have good taste. I might place a bid on that Talbert or Ruthenberg? I wish you luck in selling and hope you get a decent return on your investments.
Cheers,
Milan

sstodvictory said:
PipePuffer":mzj3ancv said:
Nope. Of his current postings, the 4-panel SMS meer is the first from my collection, and then all but three from the Ruthenberg to the Ferndown dublin are mine.

Steve
Question- how did the SMS meer smoke? I have been looking for one, like the look of it.

Stackle2":cyxfkicp said:
Question- how did the SMS meer smoke? I have been looking for one, like the look of it.
I only smoked it once and didn't finish it because the tobacco was too wet, I think. The draw is open. I ignored it after that because I'm a clencher and I found the bit to be uncomfortable in my teeth.

Steve

That's an amazing collection! I'd love to have some of them, hopefully the wife will grant my wish.

sstodvictory":fqpx38yn said:
Stackle2":fqpx38yn said:
I only smoked it once and didn't finish it because the tobacco was too wet, I think. The draw is open. I ignored it after that because I'm a clencher and I found the bit to be uncomfortable in my teeth.

Steve
Well, thank you for the info. I'm the high bidder on it, so hopefully I get it.

Well, I'm sorry for your troubles, SS. Hope the pair you got from me made the cut.

I retained both, Sas. I wanted to keep the straight, and would have sold the bent but could not endure the thought of breaking up the pair.

Stackle2, congrats on the SMS. The pipe was $119 new, purchased at Jon's pipe shop in Urbana, IL.

Steve

SS, I'm looking foward to receiving it.

I know that I got a great deal. Now just can't wait to smoke a bowl in it.