Semois from Belgium

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rothnh

Reaction score
La Brumeuse Semois. Thick Cut.

Just ordered this one fro Pipe Guys.

I've been intrigued with trying this since the NY Times article about this unique blend last year.

I've been meaning to grab some of this for a while so since it's available again now,and I don't have to use my French to order it from Belgium, why the hell not.

Looking forward to smoking this one.

I hear ya Roth. I too took advantage of The Pipe Guys having this one back in stock. I'm curious to both try this revered blend, and to see how this first transaction goes with The Pipe Guys.

It comes really dry and it tends to burn fast.

Don't rehydrate! It will mold in a heart beat.

Pack it very tight (like you've always been told not to) and smoke it really slow.

Good stuff!

Todd

P.S. If you don't like it, let me know.  :D 

This tobacco sounds interesting. Let us know how you like it.

I had an opportunity to smoke some a few weeks ago at a WV ISPD event. As mentioned, it was a very fine cut and very dry. It smokes quite fast, even if you try not to (tight pack should help).
It wasn't my cup of tea, but I just don't care for burley blends and this has an odd burley feel. My buddy loves it as did most of the guys at the Winchester Pipe club meeting. I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it.