Shape Preference

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btls1fn

Reaction score
Brethren,

Over the years, I have purchased MANY pipes... Dunhill, Bjarne, Comoy, Charatan, Jobey, Big Ben, Savinelli, Dr. Grabow, Yello-bowl, THE Pipe, Tinsky, Peterson, Mastercraft, Corncobs... etc. All in various shapes.

Now, in my 50's, I find myself drawn to the "bulldog." Used to think it was ugly. Now, I appreciate it's rugged aspects and durable form.

How about you? What shape has captured your heart as time has gone on?

Best,

The poker/sitter.

I've got a Savinelli 310ks and a Mastro de Paja 3.

Would love to get a similar Radice or Dunhill.

My favorite shape is the Hawkbill first and then the bulldog, billiard and on and on LOL. I seem to like alll the shapes :sunny: :sunny:

I'm a big fan of the looks of a Bulldog or a bent Rhodesian.

My preference is the Canadian Family: Canadians, Lumbermans, Liverpools and Lovats. I like a straight Billiard too.

My secondary interest is Bulldogs and Rhodesians and varients

I like most of my pipes, bent straight, meer, briar, cob, etc. I like most of the shapes, too.

But once you hold a bulldog it's hard not to marvel at it's simple, unexpected, understated, ergonomic perfection. Love the dawg.

Tastes change and when they do it's usually a drastic one! I used to LOVE my magnum sized bents. At one time I had dozens of em'. As I grew away from english blends and towards flakes, as I went from having tons of free time to just a little I became quite fond of straight of semi bent smaller bowled briars. And to think that I used to believe that little pipes were wimpy! :lol: