Sherlock: Case of Evil

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeywillow

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has seen this tragedy? If you have Netflix and like to bash terrible movies, you can stream this one instantly.

This made-for-tv movie "stars" James D'Arcy as Sherlock and Vincent D'Onofrio as Professor Moriarty. It also features Gabrielle Anwar who you might know from USA Network's Burn Notice or, if you're like me, you might remember her from Disney's live action The Three Musketeers with Tim Curry and Kiefer Sutherland.

The acting is mostly just bland, nothing over-the-top terrible - aside from Vincent D'Onofrio. His accent is ridiculous; I can only assume he was trying for British. His acting is his typical hammy style. It really doesn't suit Moriarty.

The only bright side of this movie is the four or five minutes we see Mycroft - played by Richard E. Grant whom I adore - and even that really isn't a great performance.

And if you can look beyond all the bad acting, the writing is pretty ridiculous too. The plot revolves around Moriarty pretty much inventing heroin and forcibly addicting people to it.

Also, there's not a single pipe in the whole damn movie. Where is Sherlock without his Boswell??

whiskeywillow":g1m8g7it said:
I wonder if anyone has seen this tragedy? If you have Netflix and like to bash terrible movies, you can stream this one instantly.

This made-for-tv movie "stars" James D'Arcy as Sherlock and Vincent D'Onofrio as Professor Moriarty. It also features Gabrielle Anwar who you might know from USA Network's Burn Notice or, if you're like me, you might remember her from Disney's live action The Three Musketeers with Tim Curry and Kiefer Sutherland.

The acting is mostly just bland, nothing over-the-top terrible - aside from Vincent D'Onofrio. His accent is ridiculous; I can only assume he was trying for British. His acting is his typical hammy style. It really doesn't suit Moriarty.

The only bright side of this movie is the four or five minutes we see Mycroft - played by Richard E. Grant whom I adore - and even that really isn't a great performance.

And if you can look beyond all the bad acting, the writing is pretty ridiculous too. The plot revolves around Moriarty pretty much inventing heroin and forcibly addicting people to it.

Also, there's not a single pipe in the whole damn movie. Where is Sherlock without his Boswell??

This is a hilarious review! I've never even heard of this Holmes movie. Also, I've often wondered if I'm the only person that thinks Vincent D'Onofrio's acting is ridiculous. I can't even imagine him doing any kind of accent, much less a British accent (he can hardly speak English). And Sherlock without a pipe? Uh...what's the point?

Very funny. I will have to check this out when I can find nothing to watch on Netflix (which, now that I think of it, is quite often).

Oh yeah, and what's with this emoticon? :lol!: Why does he have a sign that says LOL? Is he a hearing impaired Rastafarian? I don't get it.

Thanks for the review!