Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friar_jay

Reaction score
51snF4%2B6kgL._SL500_SX342_SY445_CR,0,0,342,445_.jpg

Has anyone read Sherlock Holmes vs. Dracula? It's a fun little novelty read. A new edition is actually available for pre-order on Amazon.

Here's the description from the back:

A mysterious schooner runs aground in an English harbor. Its cargo is fifty boxes of earth; its only living passenger, a black dog. The captain's body is lashed to the wheel - lifeless, drained of blood. Soon, a rash of bizarre nocturnal crimes terrified London. This, plainly, is the work of Count Dracula. And just as plainly, it is a case for Sherlock Holmes. Lovers of the Holmes stories will find their hero here in a new role - avenger in a realm where pale corpses rising from their graves, go forth by night to feast on blood...

I read it a LONG time ago (when it first came out, or at least came out with that cover). If I remember correctly, I can agree that it's a fun read

I read the book this summer, and it is a fun read, and really quite good.

I've got a copy and re-read it now and then when the need for a Sherlock fix hits. It's a good change of pace after wading through the Canon.