Sherlock Holms pipe cabinet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one a few years back I filled it with all my corn cob pipes I love it.
Best Regards
Richard

Plumbernater,
When you come across things like this ... please refrain from alerting the public and just send me a PM ... Thanx! :lol!:

Just checked the original auction. Too bad nobody jumped on it before buy it now took over. It was cheap!

By contrast, I bought this pipe cabinet about 8 years ago. Forget what I paid but it was in the neighbourhood of $300 shipping included.

P1000390small.jpg

It was made by Frenchie & Christine Sirot in New Jersey. Unfortunately they are now out of business.

Cabinets are wonderful. Best way to keep pipes short of a felt lined drawer.

It's all 5/8" oak with tempered glass. Brass hardware. Metal fittings on the back to facilitate hanging on the wall. Very solid.

Doug I presume you had the grace to wear a mask while transacting this deal - because it was a steal!! Beautiful workmanship, lovely design and just the right choice of wood - and I speak as the son of a master cabinet maker!

I believe I mentioned that I had purchased one of these before Christmas for £21. It finally arrived about two weeks ago but as January is when I have to get all my taxes done I have only just managed to have a really good look.

I was not prepared for the treasure trove I got.

I should apologise for all the mess in the background - been unpacking for ages.

The most surprising find was a beautifully carved briar. I believe it to be French as I think it represents Marianne - The Spirit of the Revolution. I cannot track down the markings or find anything about it so any help would be much appreciated.

The strange thing about Marianne is that although she has been handled extensively - thumb polish on left cheek - she hasn't been smoked! Perhaps some French politician just used it for gesticulating a lot!