Shipwrecked Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillikus

Reaction score
I've never posted pictures before so I hope it works.

I thought you guys here might be able to appreciate these pictures I took while on leave in Wisconsin. These were taken at the Lake Superior Marine Museum in Duluth, MN. We were up there visiting my grandmother and decided to stop in the museum and watch a few boats go under the lifting bridge. These were recovered from the wreck of the Schooner "Lucerne" that sank in 1886. If you're interested in the wreck just google it, there is a plethora of info on Great Lakes shipwrecks, just be careful because you can get lost reading about all of the history and find yourself a few hours later. Anyways, they're obviously pipes and I can only imagine the stories they could tell.

The last picture is of a plaque they have up there from when the Navy disestablished their post there. I liked it since I am proudly one of the "Northwoods Sailors" that they mention in the plaque. I would definitely suggest stopping by if possible and I hope you enjoy.

-H

Nice post, I'm a wannabe Navy guy. I bought a house (not for the following reason but it is nice) with a huge 3 stage deck, named, the poop deck, main deck and forecastle. Trying to find a contractor to install a gun deck, but no takers yet.

I alway wondered how those "Jack tars" kept a clay pipe in one piece.