shopping spree

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
On my way home from home (back to NJ from VA) this january I decided I was either going to stop in Cabela's or Boswell's well I chose Cabela's due to the fact I needed arrow shafts, broad heads, and practice tips more than I needed more tobbaco, pipes ect. So when I walk in my wife informed me and my son that we looked like we just walked into a candy store with a million dollars to spend :lol: we spent about 2 hours in there and I got out after spending 150 bucks on a dozen arrow shafts (Easton gamegetter xx75), 6 broad heads (NAP Thunderheads) ,a package of practice tips and a King Kat fishing rig.

Now I am sitting here patiently waiting for trout season to open, the water to warm up for catfish to become more active and reading what I can on tips and tricks in both archery and catfishing for flatheads (an invasive problem in parts of the deleware) I figure I will mix buisness with pleasure by targeting the flathead to help get rid off the nusance and feed my belly.
I was wondering if any of you fish the Deleware and know how far north these ugly but tasty fish are. I know they wreck havoc on sunnies and shad, posibly striped bass in the more southern part of the Deleware due to their voracious apptite

I am also open to any other kind of catfish just because I have a huge deepfryer just begging to be used for fresh fish, hushpuppies, and chips ( french fries) possibly the least healthy way of cooking but the best tasting thats for sure :lol!: