Shortcut to Mushrooms

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasq0321

Reaction score
I received my Middle-Earth sampler from Just for Him over the weekend. I've only tried A Shortcut to Mushrooms, but it was really nice in my opinion. Granted, I am but a wee novice at the hobby, but it was worthwhile.

Sorry, I had triple posted this. The computer wasn't cooperating. Fixed.

I enjoy it every now and then. It has just little enough Latakia that I like it. I wouldn't smoke it in any straight virginia or VaPer pipes, there's some ghosting in my opinion. I have one pipe set aside for the Lats and smoke it in that. I think it's the best of the Middle Earth series. I'm anxious to hear what you think of the others. Valky

Falconer":fnm8jz8d said:
I enjoy it every now and then. It has just little enough Latakia that I like it. I wouldn't smoke it in any straight virginia or VaPer pipes, there's some ghosting in my opinion. I have one pipe set aside for the Lats and smoke it in that. I think it's the best of the Middle Earth series. I'm anxious to hear what you think of the others. Valky
Glad you responded Valky, This is still a blend I really want to try, Was thinking your comments may be valid here as you have plenty of experience with this blend!!!

On my hit list!!!

If you enjoy the occasional aromatic, then Just For Him's Morning Coffee is great. My second favorite aromatic.

I have heard mixed reviews on these and other Middle Earth blends, many bordering on lackluster. But Just For Him has caught my attention if for nothing else than naming their blends after those fictionally produced in the South Farthing (i.e. Old Toby & Longbottom Leaf).

Unfortunately, many review sites say Shortcut to Mushrooms is the only solid blend in the lot. I enjoy English blends as well as aromatics. Longbottom with its hint of vanilla intrigues me. Have any of you sampled this blend?

OldWorldMonkey":mbv4qa01 said:
Have any of you sampled this blend?

I happen to think they are all great. That said I like the Old Toby and Shortcut to Mushrooms the best.

I have to say that this tobacco is very different from any other that I have had.