shout out to my hommies (aka 'thanks gents!')

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
friday i was invited out to pipe maker wayne teipen's, just to smoke and talk pipes. (through the BoB i found out he lived 10 minutes from me.) what a great time. when we got there, he was making the rhodesian he just posted on the towne crier forum 'Teipen Handmade Pipes.' at the time i saw it, it was a homely block of wood with a pencil drawing on the side. wow. look at it now. anyway, big thanks to him and his sidekick nate. i learned a ton, swapped some tobacco, and just had great conversation.

so i get home, and in my mailbox is the mac baren club Doc had recommended to me. i'd just had my first roll cake at wayne's (Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake--damn good stuff). this mac baren roll cake is also killer. great recommendation. thanks doc! i probably would have never found it on my own.

also, filling the rest of my mailbox, is this huge package sent by Natch with about a year's supply of tobacco samples he thought i might like. thank you so much! i'm in heaven.

what a weekend for pipes! big thanks to you guys! my wife thinks i've joined a cult.

That's great man! It's nice to know that in a world of trouble and strife that there are some good folks left huh? Keep us updated as you work through the samples. I, being brand new to all of this, would very much like to hear your thoughts on different tobaccos. Thanks.

bruins":xjofzl10 said:
my wife thinks i've joined a cult.
:cyclops: You have my friend, and now you can never leave :cyclops: :twisted: :shock: :cyclops: :face: :no: :suspect: :D :cyclops:
muuhaahaaaaaaa!!!!! :affraid: :tongue: :pale: :cyclops:

Glad you're liking the Club! If you find a Mac Baren you like, you're in like Flynn--nice price, wide availability, good seal on the tins.

Doc Manhattan":3w15dsmd said:
Glad you're liking the Club! If you find a Mac Baren you like, you're in like Flynn--nice price, wide availability, good seal on the tins.
Club rocks bro, Muddler put about 300g in cellar since 2007 and did not like it much, it has since found it's way over to my stash,
Good stuff!!! :cheers:

EJinVA":r4qdgp91 said:
bruins":r4qdgp91 said:
my wife thinks i've joined a cult.
:cyclops: You have my friend, and now you can never leave :cyclops: :twisted: :shock: :cyclops: :face: :no: :suspect: :D :cyclops:
muuhaahaaaaaaa!!!!! :affraid: :tongue: :pale: :cyclops:
What you mean we're not a cult?
Merriam/Webster ---one definition of cult --- usually a group of people characterized by such devotion :cheers:

A package from Natch is special indeed :)

Sorry no one told you it was a cult by the way, we really should make a policy of informing people but I figured the purple jumpsuits and white tennis sneakers were a dead giveaway...

gandalfpc":w1445l5n said:
A package from Natch is special indeed :)

Sorry no one told you it was a cult by the way, we really should make a policy of informing people but I figured the purple jumpsuits and white tennis sneakers were a dead giveaway...
as you can see, i'm not struggling too hard to get away...

I'd been a member less than 24 hours when I realized it's a cult! All I can say is that this old world could use a lot more cults just like this one!!! :cheers: :cheers:

"When you receive this email you must forward it immediately to 5 of your closest friends. Failure to do so will guarantee that you will have sour pipes and biting tobacco for the next 20 years!"

Sorry, couldn't resist! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Natch bro, you are saluted!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Well played there brother,