Show us your garden

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmokeamater

Reaction score

Size: 10' x 7'

This years plantings (perennials incl): dill - sage - rosemary - horseradish - thyme - oregano - 3 colors, bell pepper - marigolds - tomatoes, 6 varieties - nasturtium - mint

I know that's a lot for a 10x7, but it's do-able with diligent use of tomato stakes and trimming. I put the mint in a few years ago with the intention of having some nice Mint Juleps and a flavoring for iced tea. Unfortunately it has turned into an Old Testament plague I can't get rid of. Warning! If you are going to plant mint, do it in pots or AWAY from your main garden.

Mostly flowers & dwarf trees.Edible stuff includes a Peach tree, rhubarb, tomatoes,Peppers
& some herbs.
100_0509.jpg

old_salt":btjk70cr said:
Mostly flowers & dwarf trees.Edible stuff includes a Peach tree, rhubarb, tomatoes,Peppers
& some herbs.
100_0509.jpg

Whoa! Is that a G-Scale outdoor Garden Railway?
Hard to tell from the distance, but that looks like G-Scale.

Cool!

How about a pic of the Engine & Rolling Stock?

youtube link , vid is kinda shaky. trying to hold camera in one hand and operate 3 throttles with the other.
howling courtesy of the doberman next door.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vSv41zhUj50" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Geez, old salt, what a heck of a setup that is! :shock:

More garden pictures. I live in an apartment. 'Nuff said. 8)

moved from a townhome in South Carolina 5 mins from the beach to apartment living in Chicagoland.... I miss my backyard, and I miss my garden. I still have to make the mortgage payments for my townhome every month, so I have a reminder of what i don't have anymore.

I live vicariously through my inlaws: no garden, but a GREAT backyard for relaxing.

Old salt,

That is so freakin cool! :cheers: I have total backyard envy right now lol I love how the tracks are laid out around the garden it looks so well planned and thought out

Does this count as a garden? It's the closest I've got (not counting the weeds that spring up around the edge of the pool from time to time)....

Post-Heinens-Produce-Dept.jpg

Although, seriously, Old Salt - that is absolutely incredible. Really, really cool (model trains are one of those things I always wish I got into but just never found the time/attention/money)

I'll just say that I'm jealous of both of your gardens. I'm about to move to a new apartment with a big backyard towards the end of the Brown Line in Chicago. The landlord encourages gardening, so very soon I'm gonna be gardening like a mad man. :)

Here's a pic of the back yard/patio from the soon to be mine deck:

2012-010.jpg

That's a neat little urban common area, Uber. Looks like a pipe-worthy deck and view to me! :cheers:

Kyle Weiss":3zgdfmqq said:
That's a neat little urban common area, Uber. Looks like a pipe-worthy deck and view to me! :cheers:
You got it, brother! I may just sit on the porch reading Asimov and smoking a pipe while my girlfriend does the gardening. ;)

UberHuberMan":dtfskr5h said:
You got it, brother! I may just sit on the porch reading Asimov and smoking a pipe while my girlfriend does the gardening. ;)
If that's the case, perhaps she could sit with you and have the robots do the gardening. :lol:

Kyle Weiss":1su1nq63 said:
UberHuberMan":1su1nq63 said:
If that's the case, perhaps she could sit with you and have the robots do the gardening. :lol:
Touche. :lol!: