Sierra Trading Post

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
My "shop" is an outdoor affair. It's sided on one side (the weather side) and open on three, one of which is tarped against the reverse rain, one of which has heavy bamboo rolldown blinds and the other (the entrance side) sports lighter roll down blinds. It's topped with polycarbonate roofing which is also double tarped (white tarps so it's also good for the Summer). I'm out there 365 about 6 hrs a day doing my carving and working on making knives. So with the open design (on purpose for the 3 hot months) I NEED warm stuff to wear.

In addition to the bibs I picked a pair of heavy longjohns. A while ago I got a pair of Columbia Buggaboo slip on snow boots...like Romeos, but rated to -25 F. Before last Winter I also nailed a primo down jacket (500 fill power). If I keep working I'm hardly ever cold...but a lot of the work is fine work and not very 'heat generating'...so I layer for it...and have a propane heater that cooks the joint pretty well. I HATE to go out shopping and rely on on-line vendors almost exclusively. If I can't find it for about 25% of retail, I don't get it. It's like groceries...if it ain't on sale, I don't buy it! Tools, however, are another story...that's why I'm so cheap in other areas.

As Hank Stamper would say, "Never give a inch!"...per another Oregonian. 8)

Being retired, I'm so busy playing I have little time for sitting. That, and I'm not a very good sitter anyway.