Sillem's Black

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipefan2009

Reaction score
I have started smoking Sillems' Black. This is an amazing Latakia airomatic. The question is, do I smoke it in an aromatic pipe, english pipe or it's own pipe?

Welcome!

I've never smoke a tobacco like that but just from the description you might have to dedicate a pipe to that being it may ghost either side of the spectrum.

I really have no experience with tobaccos of this type, they just never appealed to me. I smoke some very heavily scented Lakeland tobaccos and have pipes dedicated to them. My best guess would be try some of it in a cheap corn cob and them some some of your other favorites and see if you get the desired results. Some aromatics will impart a ghost which will color everything else you smoke from that day forward, others are pretty neutral and perceptions are a funny thing. I'm blessed to smoke Condor from time to time through the generosity of an English friend. Many a smoker claim that once you've smoked Condor in a pipe, that if you don't like Condor you may as well send the pipe into orbit for all it's usefulness afterward. For me this isn't the case at all, 1792, Bracken Flake are sufficiently scented to mask or over power whatever ghosts Condor may leave behind.

Good Luck!

I have tried Condor and have a friend who smokes it daily. I was one of those guys who can't stand it. It is definitely different.

I have a Peterson SH Lestrade dedicated to Sillems Black and W.O. Larsen's Old Fashioned. Both will leave a ghost on the pipe that will not affect the other aro (at least for me) but will definitely affect the burleys and especially the Virginias. The aromatic qualities of Sillems was a little too strong for my taste out of the tin. Several weeks in a jar tamed the perfume considerably and now it is for me a much more enjoyable smoking experience.