Sincere greetings to the ranks of such a noble past-time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very_British

Reaction score
Good afternoon Fellow Forum Friends,

it gives me great pleasure to announce my arrival amongst those who, like me, find such exquisite experiences a just cause in the fast and furious world that we have to endure and that we may be permitted to stop the clock at 'that' moment and enjoy an oh-so glorious bowlful whilst slumbering in our favourite armchair in front of a crackling fire. Amen.

I have been travelling the holy grail of pipe smoking for the last 16 years and never give it much thought of participating in intelligent and meaningful (albeit electronic) conversation whilst we explore the pleasures of our favourite past time together. So, here I am and I very much look forward to swinging the lantern (and puff away happily) by "chatting" with you (when time permits) on the merits of our chosen philosophy.

With sincere regards,

V_B

A man can do without a woman. Just as long as he has his faithful pipe to keep him company.

Welcome to BoB. It is amazing what conversation the pipe will conjure up. Pipe smoking truly is a relaxing hobby and makes one look forward to being bored and having nothing to do.

Welcome sir. Nothing like an early morning pipe and a hot cuppa to start the day. Enjoy the exalted company. :pipe:

Welkommen! Mein herr.

Whether you lean against the back wall, stand up to the bar, or take a seat at the round table, make yourself at home.

Prosit.

Al (in Canada)

Gentlemen,

thank you for your kind greetings and yes, I look forward to a good ol' chinwag in future.

@ Pseudo Nim - "Ayup Lad!!!" I come from Urmston, Manchester, which isn't too from from Bolton. It's a good thing that one never forgets his roots. As for my 'Manc' accent, it's never changed.

@ Slow puffs - I have nice memorie of Alberta being a lovely place. I spent time at Suffield (3 times) when I served as an officer in the British Army.

Sincere regards,

V_B :D