"Sipping" technique discovery

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you get a new filter pipe with an adapter you have a choice to filter or non-filter as the situation dictates.
half my pipes are 9mm filter and half not.IT took more than 30 years to realize this.there is bias towards filter pipes. the funny thing is you can get most of the better ones in a filter.50 years of pipe smoking has taught me to keep an open mind and be objective.

Wow, I´ve done this for years but didn´t know it was called "breath smoking" or was even a "technique". I just keep the stem in my mouth, and breathe through my nose. No sucking on it like a straw. Keeps it cooler and tastes better too. I guess the only thing new is history you don´t know yet...

MisterE":3xt6j6s5 said:
Wow, I´ve done this for years but didn´t know it was called "breath smoking" or was even a "technique". I just keep the stem in my mouth, and breathe through my nose. No sucking on it like a straw. Keeps it cooler and tastes better too. I guess the only thing new is history you don´t know yet...
Mister E... It does work great doesn't it!? As for you doing it for years... I have no reason to doubt your claim, but since you failed to announce it on here before me... well, congratulations, you have been using the "Tim in Ohio Technique." Could have been the "MisterE Technique"... but you didn't mention it now did you?... No... you didn't. So... :suspect:

Hahaha, yes, I know you were kidding around Tim. :D Everyone is free to use this technique as long as they give US the proper credit.... Since I live south of the border we will call it "La Tecnica SeñorE", and "TimInOhio´s technique" when in the US or Canada. Fair is fair after all...