Sitter Not Poker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Max

Reaction score
The confusion continues!

The pipe below is a Mastro de Paja Brugo Rusticated Bent Billiard Sitter. Looks like a poker - kinda. In the description of the Poker that I posted a few days ago, the reason the poker was called that was because you could sit it down on the table while your dealt the cards. But I could sit this one down while I dealt cards so why isn't this a Poker and why isn't a Poker a Billiard sitter?

Good Grief!

MastrodePajaBrugoRusticatedBentBilliardSitter.jpg

Pipe shapes are the same all over and they are not :p Dunhill calls a diamond shanked 1/4 bent Bulldog a Rhodesian, others call it a Bent Bulldog. It's been this way since they have been making pipes. I guess the firm that makes it, can call it what they will. they made it :twisted:

Strange. I wouldn't call that one a billiard. It most resembles a poker or cherrywood variant to me. I would call it a bent poker. Like monbla says, it's up to the maker to decide. I have a Ser Jacopo that has a round shank and bulldog/rhodesian bowl and is stamped 'bulldog'.

Blue Max":a1hmf5kl said:
The confusion continues!

The pipe below is a Mastro de Paja Brugo Rusticated Bent Billiard Sitter. Looks like a poker - kinda. In the description of the Poker that I posted a few days ago, the reason the poker was called that was because you could sit it down on the table while your dealt the cards. But I could sit this one down while I dealt cards so why isn't this a Poker and why isn't a Poker a Billiard sitter?

Good Grief!

MastrodePajaBrugoRusticatedBentBilliardSitter.jpg

What ya got there, bro, is a cherrywood. Pokers have a straight stem, while the same pipe with a bend of any kind is a cherrywood.

I just learned recently what "cherrywood" shape is...which is good, considering I own one. :lol: I called it a "bent poker" for a while. I'd call that shape a "cherrywood." I guess "3/4 Bent Poker" would work. I'm sure "Sitter" is correct, too.

Monbla's right...the names are almost freeform with a foundation. Dunhill Bulldog/Rhodesian nomenclature are an example of the confusion. *shrug*

8)