Sitting in a Safeway parking lot…

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I’m sitting in a Safeway parking lot in Lincoln City, on the Oregon coast. Wife is hunting for a rest room. We’ve been redirected twice by the google driving map thing on our new car several times. Quite the adventure. (Snarl!). Need to get to our room close to Newport, about 25 miles south.

I feel for you BH.

I love satnav, many examples of people ending up in very wrong places. If you're stupid enough to follow your satnav off of a pier, you deserve what you get.

And the screaming we got from the satnav when we decided to go a known to us back route rather than the highway which was at a standstill. Sheeesh.

Give me a good old map anyday.

Blindly following any GPS driving (or flying or boating) instructions may lead to unwanted outcomes. I learned long ago when using the old Garmin boxes to carefully read the set-up instructions. You can tell the system to take the fastest route, or the shortest route, or no tollways for example. I always double check Google Maps on my PC before I take off on any trip!! Good luck finding a road map anywhere but "Barnes & Noble!!" FTRPLT

BTW...BH, hope Mama made it!!!!!!!!!!

i wish the satnav had an "I'm stopping to pee" button and would refrain from the "turn around when possible" nagging. but its still more informative than a gas station road map.

I remember when my son bought his first Tesla (a used 2013 Model S). We were coming south from the San Rafael, CA area and wanted to go toward Oakland via the Richmond Bridge. His GPS system had us trying to go THROUGH San Quentin Prison. The front gate guards had a good laugh.