Size of rotations and dedicated pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently culled the hurd, and now I'm down to 35 pipes. 11 of them are bigger pipes, and they reside in a round pipe rack that I keep on my smoking stand and smoke at the end of the day. Over the years I've figure out which blends they seem to prefer, and have so dedicagted them. I've got a couple of BST's ("Sas-Pipes"), a colored Pete meer, a Sav Bulldog, a Danish freehand, a MM Mark Twain, a no-name Italian basket pipe that I call "The Canadian" that was my first "good" pipe that I bought back in 1979, and two other Petes in there. They all smoke like champs.

Then I've got a six pipe stand full of cobs, an antique 14 pipe wall cabinet from Decatur that holds an assortment of Petes and misc pipes that I like to take out and about during the day. None of them are really dedicated anything in particular, just burley and VA blends.

I'm not sure how much I subscribe to the whole dedication thing. There are certainly some latbombs, goopy aros, and sublime lakeland blends that really do require dedicated pipes, but other than that I tend to just let the pipe choose the tobacco - kind of a defacto dedication.