Skagway?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a dozen years, but there's a cool old hardware store in Skagway that felt like walking back in time. They had everything, including mining stuff and pipes (nothing special, but the store was).

The red dog saloon in Juneau for a beer.

Skagway felt like a true old western frontier town, Juneau like a tourist trap. Ketchikan was fun too.

Thanks, we are going to be visiting all three. We are ona cruise and have set up some excursions. Going to be doing a bit of a foot tour with a " working girl " and it finishes up at the Red Onion.

I will keep an eye out for the hardware store. Sounds like a good place for browsing.

We did the 7 day inside passage cruise. Ketchikans totem heritage center was great. In Skagway we rode horseback in the tidal zone which was fun, but honestly just walking around that old town was a blast. There was a little bar/restaurant in Skagway right as you walk down the road away from the cruise ships, it's right next to the fishing fleet moored in the harbor. They had Alaskan Amber on tap and the fish and chips was halibut. Best I ever had.

We are doing a 7 day as well out of Vancouver. I love me some fish and chips so I am going to keep an eye out for that as well in Skagway after we get back from the excursion.

We are doing the gold panning salmon bake in Juneau, the Ghosts and Goodtime Girls in Skagway and the Alaska Rain Forest/Raptor reserve/Totem tour in Ketchikan.

My wife and I are really excited about this trip. People I have talked to that did the inside passage said it was fantastic.

It is fantastic. We went on Norwegian cruise lines. The ship was great, nice accommodations and food, but the best part was the sports bar with cozy tables, big floor to ceiling windows, adult beverages and snacks and just watching Canada and Alaska go by outside the window. We went end of September so it got rather chilly for sitting out on the deck most days. Well worth the dough.