Slightly off base - DayZ short

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
I know this isn't likely to be a known reference or subject to most of you, but there is a game under development called DayZ which has been a surprising success. It's a fairly simple premise, survive in a post zombie-apocalypse world, finding food, water, weapons and avoiding other players who might kill you for whatever you have. They are still working on it, but its already been so successful as to have cheap imitations rushed out of publishing houses... and have fan films made about it. I saw this one today and it impressed me, I thought I'd post it in case anyone is a fan of the game or of zombie films, you might enjoy this short film.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gFTmU-fvZXE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>​

It's on PC, being developed by Dean Hall as a free mod currently in alpha testing based on the Arma 2 engine. It was so popular, it made the (old and required) Arma 2 game the most bought pc game on steam over the summer. It will eventually be a stand alone game, and he has put the development on hold for the moment as the studio is talking about cross platform possibilities.