Slow Puffs' Dunhill LB Shell

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
This pipe was in such rough shape that Paul actually wondered if it was worth saving. :lol:

The stamping was crisp, there were no cracks, and the stem wasn't badly chewed---the Holy Trinity was intact, in other words---so it got the Full Monty.

How I love happy endings. ;)

f4l30i.jpg

Is that the same pipe :shock: ?

What a wonderful surprise to see this on the Forum this morning !!

It's a rare find in Edmonton. Whenever I am nearby and have the time, I'll drop into Antique malls. There are usually not much more than basket pipes and badly chewed and cracked pipes... One day, I saw this LB, sitting alone among some other unrelated items. I spotted the "dot" straight away... the price $5.00 :lol: .

It was a "Dock" like experience :D .

Wow. Wow. Thanks to much LL.

Beautiful! :cheers: Tell you what ...I'll give you $15 bucks (TRIPLE your money). I'll even pay for shipping! :lol!:
Congratulations and beautiful work LL.

hagley":yi6z394i said:
Where is the "before" photo of this pipe?
I often regret not taking before shots, but rarely do. The reason being when in "shop mode" with grungy hands, tools laid out, stains mixed, and so forth, I don't want to go into "photo mode." That's for the end of the day when I get cleaned up and haul the day's output to a copy stand to smile for the camera.

At the start of the day---before going into the shop---is hard to do, too. Then it feels like I can't be bothered with fluffy stuff. I want action. :lol:

Paul -- You might have set a new Best Bargain record for BoB. I'll bet even Dock is impressed. ;)

Slow Puffs":dm3nw485 said:
Is that the same pipe :shock: ?

What a wonderful surprise to see this on the Forum this morning !!

It's a rare find in Edmonton. Whenever I am nearby and have the time, I'll drop into Antique malls. There are usually not much more than basket pipes and badly chewed and cracked pipes... One day, I saw this LB, sitting alone among some other unrelated items. I spotted the "dot" straight away... the price $5.00 :lol: .

It was a "Dock" like experience :D .

Wow. Wow. Thanks to much LL.
Incredible! Not here in NC! :(

Gorgeous. A perfect combination of great hunting, luck, and good-ol' American know-how.

I'm just speechless,,LL, you are an artist,,,,amazing rehab,,, :cheers:

LL":v94blw1l said:
hagley":v94blw1l said:
Where is the "before" photo of this pipe?
I often regret not taking before shots, but rarely do. The reason being when in "shop mode" with grungy hands, tools laid out, stains mixed, and so forth, I don't want to go into "photo mode." That's for the end of the day when I get cleaned up and haul the day's output to a copy stand to smile for the camera.

At the start of the day---before going into the shop---is hard to do, too. Then it feels like I can't be bothered with fluffy stuff. I want action. :lol:

Paul -- You might have set a new Best Bargain record for BoB. I'll bet even Dock is impressed. ;)
I should have taken a "before" picture myself. It's hard for me to believe. I've never seen a stem so dis-coloured. I saw the "dot" and thought "Dunhill but then thought it was an old novelty pipe (considering I'm in Edmonton.) But as LL mentioned the markings are "crisp". I immediately contacted LL and was so excited I shipped it off to him. By co-incidence, Puff Daddy just showed an LB that he had acquired at the same time. I "pm-ed" PD and he wrote back "if anyone can restore it George can do it."...

I still have the receipt from the shop I purchased it from...

Slow Puffs":srzkzzhv said:
I "pm-ed" PD and he wrote back "if anyone can restored it George can do it."
The man's got mad skillz 8) Pipes come back looking like brand new, often better :!:

wow someday i might own a dunhill if im lucky but thats a amazing looking pipe there.

Nice find Paul!

Nice work LL, though a before pic would have shown "what" it took to bring it around!

Jim