Slowdowns anyone?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
It's been a week since Forumotion sent the slowdown/maint. message. I haven't heard from anyone lately having any problems, and there's no new administration notifications from them.

Can we assume we're back to normal? (normal?,,,nevermind)

Been having some issues over the past few days/week.

Upon accessing the forum, all goes well for a while. Then, there seems to be a sudden loading problem. Loading the page takes literally several minutes, and the script that runs on the bottom of my screen shows what must be hundreds of connections which look to be mostly related to advertising.

I normally just wait this agonizing period out, and then things seem to right themselves. Until it happens again, which it does.

Closing the browser during the slowdown has resulted in unwanted other issues, which I brought up in the tech forum recently. So this clearly is a problem.

I hasten to add that none of the other things I access - e-mail, other forums not based on this platform, e-tailers, are not affected. So it seems to be specific to BoB. For me at least.

I'm reluctant to install any ad blocker programs, due to the experiences of some others here. And I have no confidence this will eliminate the issues I have as it may be something else altogether.

All I know is that it's starting to become very difficult to access this forum on a consistent and reliable basis.

Cheers?

RR

I've said it before and I'll say it again, things sure did seem to go downhill once ads were let back into the forum for logged in members.

Ads?

I don't get ads here..

Another forumotion site I frequent yes, BoB no.

The latest notice from Forumotion below. Apparently some issues remain.

Our DataCenter plans some maintenances on July 27th from 1am to 6am (UTC+2). Our service will be affected during this maintenance.